Chapter Four.

Leon

     I didn't go to the house in the city after leaving my mate's house. Instead, I drove towards the pack house which was an hour away from my mate's house.

     Well, it wasn't what you'd literally term as a 'pack house'. We had a mansion, to make visitors see clearly where the Alpha resided with his family. And so did the beta's family. We lived together in the mansion. There was a large plain ground surrounding the mansion, where pack meetings were held as well as the where wolves were trained to be fighters in case other packs needed our help, or to defend our pack from rogue attacks.

     Rogues were something considered as a threat to packs. They were wolves who had left their packs by choice, or if they had done a serious crime, they were kicked out of the pack. They liked hiding in the woods, terrorizing packs for their amusement. If you ask me, they were worse than dogs with rabies.

     But as I was saying, beyond the training gardens, were houses where the pack members lived with their families/mate's.

     Since we had the largest pack in the world, it was a crazy idea to have the whole pack residing at our mansion, so my dad, the previous Alpha, made this decision of having houses made for the pack members when he first became the Alpha.

     A large forest protected the pack from curious human eyes. The woods were dense and only the people who knew the correct way to the pack could reach it without getting lost in the woods.

     Pack meeting in fifteen. Call everyone. I mind-linked my beta.

     On it. Andrew replied and I returned my attention towards the road.

     "Leon, son, come here." My dad called as soon as I entered the mansion. I looked towards him confused. My dad, Marco, had ink black hair that I inherited from him, as well as my tall height. He was muscular in his own way. Strong, but yet he looked lean enough to make people underestimate him. His brown eyes stared at me determined, as if he was thinking of something I wouldn't like.

     "Yes, dad?" I asked as I walked over to him. He led me into my office where mum was. She was petite. Just around 5'4. She was a brunette and the same dark blue eyes like me. She looked at me wearily, as if she was gauging my reaction for something. I looked behind her and groaned.

     "Who made this mess?" I said as I walked over to the desk and started shuffling through the papers scattered across the oak table. I started arranging them in neat piles and heard my dad clear his throat.

     "Sorry about that. I was just going through the pack and company progress." Dad said and I sighed.

     "It's alright, dad. Now, what did you want to talk about?" I asked, looking up at them for a second. He nodded towards the chair behind me.

     "Sit." He said and I complied, feeling more confused than ever. Dad took a deep breath before looking at me straight in the eye. "Son, you know it's been a long time, and you still haven't found your mate." Dad started. I opened my mouth to contradict him but he held his hand up, shutting me up.

     "You've managed the pack and the company very well, so far. You have worked for more than eighteen hours a day to bring the company and the pack to the glory it has now, and I- we both know how much you've been burdened by this." Dad said and took a deep breath, his eyes shining with pride as they looked at me.