Chapter Three.

A/N: Mild trigger warning ahead!
————————————————————————————————————

Leon

     This can't be... How is this possible? My wolf asked in a whisper, both of us frozen like a statue.

     It was impossible for a werewolf to shift into their wolf before they turned sixteen. But Bella, she was a living evidence of a miracle. I took a step back, but I didn't see where. The sound of a twig breaking came, alerting the two in the embrace. Bella's head snapped towards where I was. Her eyes shone deep violet, making it evident that her wolf had taken over.

     Amazing... I breathed out.

     She growled. Moving away from her mother, she shifted into her small wolf. Crouching in a warning position. Warning me not to come near.

     "Bella, sweetheart, what's wrong?" Jennifer asked as Bella growled again.

     As an Alpha, it could've been taken like a challenge. The way she was threatening me. But this was Bella, my mate's daughter. Who was also trying to protect her, sensing me as a threat.

     With a sigh, I stepped out of my hidden spot.

     Calm down, pup. I said just as my mate gaped at me. I was a large werewolf. Perks of being an Alpha.

     Bella stopped growling, tilting her head at me in confusion instead.

     I'm not going to harm you or your mother. I said softly to reassure her and she slowly walked over to me. Jennifer hadn't said a word the whole time. She just stared at me in shock.

     Are... Are you like me? Bella asked as she stood in front of me.

     I am. Very much. I said in return. Bending down, I licked her on the head before using my paw to pat it. She grinned up at me and then started bouncing excitedly.

     I thought I was the only one who could do this. Bella said and I chuckled.

     You aren't. And neither am I. There are so many of us. I said, making Bella yap again. She started running around, yapping happily as she did. My wolf chuckled at her excited-ness. She ran over to my mate and shifted back into herself on her lap.

     "Mommy, he's just like me!" She said excitedly and my mate's head snapped towards me.

     "What do you mean? He can become a human like you?" My mate asked and Bella nodded excitedly. Jennifer swallowed and looked at me.

     "Can you... show me who you are?" Jennifer asked but I hesitated.

     Tell your mom I don't want to scare her off. I told Bella and she frowned, but nonetheless gave her mom my message. Jennifer looked at me confused.

     "I assure you, after finding out about your kind through my daughter, there's not much that can scare me." She said and I chuckled.

     Brave mate.

     You'll be scared of my identity. I told Bella and she being the excited pup, gave her mom my message, stumbling at 'identity' which made me chuckle at her cuteness. Jennifer just gave me an expectant look.