Chapter Twenty-Three.

Leon

"I told you to stay away from them, Blake." I said using the coldest tone I could on him. Blake scoffed and wiped away the blood that was dripping down from the corner of his mouth.

"And I told you that they belong to my pack, Wolf." He said. I glared at him harder, taking slow steps towards him.

"No. They once belonged to your pack. Now they belong to mine. And I protect what's mine, Blake." I said quietly. Blake also started walking towards me, copying my movements. "I told you I won't spare you if you create a scene at the ball. What kind of an Alpha are you?" I asked, deliberately egging him to get the truth, something, out of him about why he wanted Xander so much. Blake glared at me.

"Better than you, that's for sure. You steal pack members." He spat but I gave out a cold laugh.

"Steal pack members? Don't make me laugh. I've already got the largest pack in the world. I don't need to steal anymore." I said and Blake's face started going red. I stopped my walking when we were a few feet away from each other.

"You'll pay dearly for this, Wolf." Blake said and in a second, a six-foot large, light brown coloured wolf stood in front of me, growling. I let out a loud growl as I cracked my knuckles before raising my fists in front of me.

"Bring it on, Blake." I said and motioned with my hand for him to attack. He growled loudly again and then lunged at me, but I took a quick step to dodge him so the only thing he attacked was air. I took the opportunity and punched his side, sending him flying back once again. "You're pathetic, Blake." I said as he stood up on all fours.

His wolf growled loudly and ran over to me.

Impulsive fool. I thought as I calculated my next move. I could see Xander, Bella and Jennifer staring at me with wide eyes from the corner of my eye, and from the bond, I could feel Jennifer was feeling scared. For me or about the situation, I didn't know. All I knew was that I didn't like the feeling of having her being scared, so I decided to end the fight quickly.

As Blake's wolf reached a few feet away, I prepared myself and then gave a roundhouse kick to his face, making him crash on the ground near me. I walked over to his wolf and then pressed my leg on his throat, making it impossible for him to breathe.

"Such a weak wolf for an Alpha. Pathetic really." I said and pressed my leg down even more when he tried to growl at me. "Submit!" My wolf and I growled together. Blake didn't listen. Instead, he tried to thrash his body under my leg, trying to break free but I leaned down and captured his front leg in my hand, twisting it until he cried out. Instead of the foot, I now pressed my knee in his throat.

"I said submit!" My wolf and I growled again. Blake thrashed his hind legs this time, but I had him in a tight hold.

"What is going on here!?"

Voices exclaimed together and I looked up to see that the whole ball had come here. The Elders were standing in front of the crowd with mom and dad as all the Alpha's looked at me shocked.

"Alpha Blake here," I spat looking down at him. "Attacked that pup from my pack." I said and motioned my head towards Xander, internally grateful that his wolf hadn't healed his bruises and the bleeding lip. All of them turned towards Xander in shock, and I could feel the disappointed vibes coming from all of them.

"Release him, Wolf." Elder Carter said and I did as he instructed, quickly running over to my mate.

"Are you alright?" Jennifer asked quietly and I nodded. I leaned down towards her neck and inhaled her scent, feeling my wolf calm down little by little.