Chapter Ten.

Leon

As I was thinking of different ways to tell Jennifer the truth, my office phone started ringing. I sighed and picked it up.

"Wolf."

"How dare you disrespect my daughter!?" A voice shouted and I pinched the bridge of my nose in irritation of the whole situation.

"Alpha Lenox, I'm sure your daughter didn't tell you how she almost destroyed my living room. And I'm also sure that your daughter didn't tell you how she kept shouting at my guests that she is the Luna of my pack and my mate when she is neither of those." I said and Derek Lenox went silent. I continued. "All the Alpha's know that only my true mate will be the Luna of my pack and I'm really astonished at how you just agreed to my father’s decision." I said and heard him sigh.

"Look, Wolf, I'm sorry about my daughter’s behavior but you're not understanding. Our packs combined could be the best on the world. You haven't found your mate and I hardly doubt she's alive." I growled loudly, making him stop at that sentence.

"My mate is very much alive. Stop assuming she's dead just because you want my pack." I said and hung up on him. I sighed and sat on my chair, throwing my head back on it. I closed my eyes and let out a loud, exhausted sigh, letting my mind wonder on how to tell Jennifer the truth.

There were so many things to consider before I told her the truth. The first is her reaction. Would she reject or accept me? Would she be able to cope with the pack and the business? I couldn't imagine what would happen to me if she didn't accept me as her mate. It's only been a few days yet she was the only thing I could think about. Her, and our kiss. I wanted to feel it again. Wanted to feel her lips against mine. Wanted to feel what it would be like to mate with her. Wanted to feel how it was to mark your mate.

The scent of jasmine suddenly filled my nostrils, stopping my mind from wondering and worrying. Soon, a knock came on the door, along with a voice.

"Leon?" Jennifer called and I sighed.

"Come in." I called back and the door opened. Jennifer hesitantly stepped in.

"Is everything alright?" She asked and I nodded, motioning her to take the seat in front of me and she silently walked forward and sat down.

"Yes. Are you liking the place?" I asked and felt hope blossom within me when she nodded with a small smile.

"Yes. You really have a beautiful pack and home, Leon." She said and I smiled.

"Thank you. Do you like your room?" I asked and she nodded again.

"Yes. So, does Bella. I just wanted to thank you, Leon. It hasn't been long since we met yet you're doing everything for us." Jennifer suddenly teared up and I felt my heart break at the sight of those unshed tears. "I can't ever repay you." She said and I quickly got up from my seat and walked around the desk. I took the other seat and took her hands in mine; ignoring the heat and tingles I was getting from the contact of our skin.

"Jennifer, there's nothing to thank me about. I'm doing what a responsible Alpha should do. Don't cry, please." I said swiftly and she blinked her tears away.

"I'm sorry. I haven't had people being so kind to me." She said and I frowned, but decided to let it be for now.

"I'm holding a ceremony tonight. For you and Bella to officially join our pack." I said and she frowned in confusion.

"Me? But I'm not a werewolf." She said and I gave her hands a reassuring squeeze.

"I know, but you're Bella's mother. It gives you equal rights to join the pack, Jennifer." I said and she smiled a little.