Chapter Nineteen.

Leon

"Oh hell no!" I growled and scooped Bella in my arms, not letting her run towards the boy when they both had growled the word 'mine.'.

"Daddy! Let me go!" Bella growled but I knew her wolf was in control right now.

"Xander, no-" The woman said but got cut off when the boy shifted into a grey coloured wolf and growled loudly at me. But we all froze. Even Bella stopped struggling in my arms.

"Shift back!" I commanded coldly but the growls didn't cease. They only increased more. "Now, pup. Don't test my patience." I said but he just took a step forward, crouching down in an attacking position.
I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Jennifer." I called and handed Bella to her when she looked at me in question. Being released from holding Bella, I took slow steps towards the small wolf.

"Daddy, don't hurt him." Bella said but I just gave her a look over my shoulder. It immediately made her hide her face in Jennifer's neck. The growls increased more and I quickly caught the wolf by his paws when he jumped up to attack me.

He started struggling, attempting to bite my hand that held his paw but I just took hold of his hind legs before hanging him upside down.

"I won't say it again after this. Shift." I said coldly and the pup glared at me but slowly he changed back into his human self. As soon as he did, I straightened him and lightly pushed him towards his mom who quickly took hold of his arm tightly.

"I'm s-sorry about him, Alpha." The mother said quietly and I sighed.

"It's not your fault." I said and turned around to see my mate and Bella. "You realise what just happened, right?" I asked and she nodded slowly.

"She's too young..." Jennifer said and I nodded.

"I know. They both are." I said looking back at the boy who was glaring at me. I narrowed my eyes at him. "When did he shift?" I asked and the mother hesitated.

"Two years ago. Almost three. May twenty-fifth." The mother said and Jennifer gasped.

That's the same day Bella shifted too... She thought and I frowned.

What is going on?

"Why are you running away from your pack?" I asked and the mother looked down at the boy.

"The Alpha... He was getting close to discovering Xander had shifted... He killed my mate as well because he refused to tell the Alpha the truth about Xander. I couldn't stay there." She whispered the last part. I felt my heart sympathize for her but I kept my expression neutral and nodded.

"Very well. Seeing as my daughter and your son are mate’s, I can only go as far as to offer you both protection as well as a place in the pack, should you choose to accept it." I said and the mother’s eyes widened.

"He'll destroy your pack, Alpha. He has an alliance with rogues as well." She said in a whisper. I frowned.

"I hardly doubt the Elders will be pleased to hear that. My offer still stands. You can take your time to think. Until then, James," I called him and he stood up straight in alert. "Ask one of the maids to set up a room for them. You would need rest from the travel, I'm sure." I said and the mother teared up.

"Thank you, Alpha." She said and I nodded. James quietly ushered them towards the room, but I saw the boy, Xander and Bella exchange looks before he left. It made me rub my forehead with my fingers.

"What are you going to do now, Leon?" Jennifer asked me quietly. I sighed.

"I'm unsure. But I know this much that neither Bella nor Xander can announce to the world they're mates. You understand that, don't you, Bella?" I asked and she looked at me with a pout.