Chapter Six.

Leon

Alpha, rogues. Andrew mind-linked me, waking me up in the process.

Where are they? How many? I asked.

Southern border. The wolves patrolling the area found five. He informed me. I cursed and leapt out from my bed. I quickly pulled on a shirt and pajamas on before exiting my room in the mansion. I ran down the stairs and out of the house, shifting into my wolf as I opened the front door.

It took me fifteen minutes to reach the southern border. Have you caught them? I asked and heard Andrew growl.

They're still being chased. From where they're heading, I'd guess they're going towards the waterfall. James, my gamma, third in command, mind-linked me.

I'm near it. I'll catch them. I replied. I increased my speed as the familiar sound of the waterfall reached my ears. I ran over to a bush and hid behind it, spying and waiting.

The guard's are re-routing them towards you. Be ready. Andrew mind-linked me and I huffed.

I really hate these rogues. My wolf commented and I nodded in agreement.

We waited five minutes when the sound of paws hitting the ground came. To my astonishment, a small brown pup appeared as if it was running for its life and five large wolves ran behind it, snapping and growling as if they were chasing the pup. That's when the scent of lilacs hit me.

Bella.

I growled loudly and they all froze. Jumping over the bush, I ran over to them and stood over Bella's frozen figure protectively and let out another growl, warning them.

Leon? Bella asked and I gave the slightest nod. One of the rogues growled at me and I growled louder, standing up to my full height.

Get the patrol here now! I growled through the mind link, using my Alpha command on them. As soon as they got the message, I got tense vibes through the link. They all knew how serious the situation had just gotten.

In a flash, eight wolves jumped, pinning the five rogues under them. The rogues struggled, but soon realised that it was futile. That's when I shifted back into myself. Bending down, I picked up Bella in my arms and she snuggled into me.

"Shift!" I commanded the rogues. They struggled under my command but slowly, they shifted into their human forms. All of them looked like they hadn't bathed in months. Their clothes were dirty and torn.

They snarled at me.

"Let us go!" One of them commanded and I scoffed, running my hand on Bella's head in a calming motion.

"You walk on my land, terrorize a pup and you think I'll let you go? What are you doing here on my land?" I asked, keeping my voice intimidating. One of them shuddered under my tone.

"We were land crossing the land. We are starving and that pup is the first meal we have seen in days. We want our food!" The other snarled and I growled loudly. So loud, that even some of the pack members jumped in fright.

"Drag them out of the land. Make sure they don't come back. I'll kill you if I ever see you on my land again." I threatened them. The guard's all nodded, pulling the rogues with their teeth by their clothes, yet only Andrew and James remained with me. That's when I turned my attention towards the pup in my arms. I placed her down and glared.