5

I was planning to drop and only break the bowl that was in the maid's hand, but the maid fell down because of the bad positioning.

"Kyaak!"

I was frustrated and looked at the maid.

My conscience poked at me.

"Ugh! What should I do!"

The maid was restless when she saw the broken bowl.

"I'm sorry. Are you okay?"

I pretended that I didn't mean it and put on a sorry expression. It was not intentional because I had no intention of knocking it down this hard.

The maid gave me a sour look before lowering her head.

There were also classes between the maids. The rank of a maid in charge of all kinds of work was generally low. In particular, she was a low-ranking maid who did hard work in the kitchen. And I belonged to a fairly decent rank among the maids.

"I'm so sorry."

"I'm okay—"

As if trying to show that I was okay, I shook my arm and staggered as the maid stood up.

"—Did you hurt your ankle?"

"...."

"It's too much to work like this."

I stood up looking at her with pitiful eyes.

"You work in the kitchen and move the dishes, right?"

"Yes? Yes!"

"I'll help you."

She looked back at me with a puzzled look. I smiled as if telling her not to worry.

*****

"Why are you here?"

When the chef looked at me with a displeased face, I smiled brightly.

"The maid, who was supposed to come, got hurt and I decided to do it for her."

"Why?"

"She got hurt because I bumped into her. I felt sorry, so I decided to help."

The chef stared at me like I was a pushover at my shameless answer.

To him, I must seem like a strange person, but I started washing the dishes without caring.

One of Richard's humiliations in the marquis was 'the meal.'