39

I had an honest conversation with the head maid for quite a while.

Recently, the head maid was threatened. To inform them that her son had been in business by pretending to be Evantes' butler.

Just in time, she needed money, so she decided to accept the money they gave her and bury one person.

So I asked. Who ordered it?

Thanks to the head maid's obedient words, I knew who the mastermind was.

Yurtha Herthas.

How come it doesn't go beyond my expectations?

I have thought a lot since Yurtha came to this mansion.

In the novel, he was described as a truly heinous crazy dog. A beast that only follows his instincts.

The problem was that the beast was very clever. There's nothing scarier than a clever beast.

And the beast happened to point at me, or Rose.

If it's like this, I'll get bitten.

Didn't you try to use the head maid to get me into trouble?

It was a shallow trick, but the moment I got caught in the trap, my only life was at stake.

This time, I got out safely, but I can't guarantee that this will not happen again next time.

"Your mouth has become rough. Nunim, as expected, hanging out with lowly things must have had a bad effect on you."

"So, you look like you have a really noble mouth, huh."

"Yes."

You really have no conscience.

I don't know much about real-life Yurtha, but I know very well about Yurtha in the novel.

For example, how dirty his mouth is.

"It hurts if you say that to your younger brother that you haven't seen in a while."

"I hope we can be separated even after being hurt."

"That can't happen. Even if it hurts, everything I get from Nunim is addictive."

"I'm not here to play with words with you. I know very well why you came to this mansion. Because there's a rumor among servants."

I felt like I was shaking as if I were standing on a wooden bridge that would soon break. I put strength on my legs as if nothing had happened.

I consistently recalled that the place where I was standing was not on a wooden bridge, but on the hard floor of the Marquis.

"The Marquis of Evantes has full authority over the mine. That's why you came all the way here to get that authority."

"Yes, I'm here to be recognized by the head family of Herthas. As you know, there is no mine in Herthas, so father is very greedy."

"Is that all?"

"Then what else is there?"

Yurtha's lips had a wide smile that didn't fit him.

But it was me, not him, who had to laugh now.

"I know why you were pushed out of the successor position."

"It must be because I am not good enough in father's eyes."