22

"I, it's my first time to see you! It's my turn to give a meal this time."

Unknowingly, Richard felt bad when he heard the shy voice of the maid during his new meal.

Why?

He asked himself a question, and the answer didn't come back easily, as if it had disappeared.

"So you're new."

"Y, yes!"

He should have welcomed the maid with a soft voice, but he couldn't.

Emotions that had always been easily controlled tried to betray their owners this time. He tried to hold back the emotion that was about to come out and press his reason.

"Did Rosie serve the meal duty before that?"

"...."

"I'm sure you must be uncomfortable because of her personality. There's no such a thing—"

In the end, he didn't put up with the burning emotions.

It's been a while since he met Rosie, and his body was suffering from mana pain again.

The pain burned down his thin reason.

When he came to his senses, he saw the new maid staring at him in fear.

Ah, he must have done it without realizing it.

The life of the Transcendent was something that ordinary people could not endure, so it made them tremble in fear.

"Hiik!"

Soon, the maid ran out of the room with a strange scream.

He didn't even feel disappointed when he saw it. He just thought that the noisy chatter was gone and quiet rest had come.

Then the maid who came before—so, did she say Rosie? Isn't she coming now?

It was the first time he thought about this.

In the meantime, quite a few meal attendants had been replaced, but each time Richard had no special meaning.

But not as much this time.

Is it because of that scent?

Why didn't she tell him today was the last day?

Richard blamed Rosie inside, but it was meaningless.

He calmed down again and lay still, doing nothing.