36

Because one face is really dirty and handsome. I came to my senses, laid the meal down in front of Richard roughly, and responded sharply.

"Oh my, you can have a harder time."

"Since you always speak so sharply, I think I'll have a new taste."

"What kind of horrible sound is that? Just eat."

Richard stared at the dog bowl for a while without saying a word like last time. What's wrong?

Come to think of it, he stared at the dog bowl for a long time last time.

The question was not long.

Until before, the dog bowl was unfamiliar because I changed it to a plate.

There was no need to do such favor in the face of almost being kidnapped.

"Are you not going to eat it?"

"It's not like that. Thank you."

Richard smiled lightly and touched the food in front of him.

Seeing that, I felt bad at the moment when I decided to be brazen.

I didn't like the act of degrading a person's character.

"But why are you late today?"

"Since I met you, I think misfortunes start to come to me?"

"Oh, my. It's an honor to remember me in that way."

"......I see you're out of your mind, so stop joking around. Just eat now."

I cut off the conversation with Richard and leaned against the wall and waited for Richard to finish his meal as usual.

I carefully tapped my index finger, which had been injured while carrying luxury items, as I recalled what happened with Lena.

My time with Lena was strangely particularly uncomfortable.

'Something is not right.'

The way you see me—.

As I was touching my fingertips, I could feel Richard's gaze.

"You got hurt."

It was a very small wound, but Richard's eyebrows wriggled, perhaps because he found it.

I looked at him and noticed. Oh, that's it.

Richard's blue eyes were similar to those of Lena's eyes when looking at me.

An uncomfortable gaze that seems to have something, for no reason.

"It's common for a maid to get hurt while working."

"What does the maid do?"

"—I just moved the luxury items that will go in front of the Marquis."

Richard glanced at my wounds. Unexpectedly, he didn't seem to be in a good mood.

"Did the maid originally carry luxuries? I remember you doing other things—"

"I used to do something else. The maid ordered it this time only because there was not enough manpower."

"Then did the head maid hurt the maid?"

Is that how I got hurt while working—?

Richard smiled an unknown smile.

"Head maid, I'll have to remember that."