9

"I have no reason to go out."

"Rosie, are you saying you're going to harm us all?"

"What do you mean by harm? I have to say it right away.  But from the moment I entered this mansion as a maid, I gained the right to eat here. There's no reason for me to give up on that right, just because of your ridiculous logic."

"So you're going to harm us just for your rights?"

"Before that. You'd better think about who put the monster you're talking about in this mansion and say it."

Marie frowned and looked at me as if she were wondering what I meant.

"It's the Marquis. The Marquis brought in the monster, so aren't you insulting the Marquis who came into contact with the monster?"

"What are you talking about! You even talk nonsense—!"

"Well, it's nonsense to mention the Marquis in your nonsensical story."

"...."

"And obviously, your remarks are disrespectful to all the maids who have been serving the monster's meals all this time. No one believes in such a childish thing, so why don't you throw it away?"

Those around me lowered their heads and stared at Marie.

It was clear that everyone couldn't say anything because they were afraid of being treated the same as me.

Apparently, Marie was quite highly ranked among the maids. So no one could refute this unreasonable situation.

"Anyway, I have to go now that I don't have a meal today, but let's not tell such jokes next time. Okay?"

Why are you doing this to people who work hard?

"It's pathetic that you do that."

Although I couldn't eat, I felt relieved because I said everything I had to say. I took my eyes off Marie, shaking, and grabbed Emily's arm.

"Let's go, Emily."

Maybe if we went now and explained the situation to the chef and asked for food, he would take care of it.

But Emily's body did not move.

—Huh?

Her arms, that felt through the thin fabric, were quite hard. What are all these muscles?

"Rosie."

Emily's voice calling out my name was cold.

"—Emily?"

"Lock the door."