5.

✧༺♥༻∞

✧༺♥༻∞

You stare at him for a split second in shock, confused as to why he's at your safe haven until you mentally smack yourself, remembering that you were the one who recommended the bakery to him in the first place.

You slap a strained smile on, trying to turn on customer service mode on your face as you greet him. "Gojo-san! It's great to see you too." You step aside from the door, letting him exit as the store door closes behind him. "How have you be— Holy fuck."

Your eyes feel like they're going to bulge out of your head as you watch him walk out of the bakery with two giant bags filled with pastries. He must have bought out the whole store, because there's no way they're still open considering the size of the bags he's holding.

By the time you've realized how rude you are, Gojo-san is already keeling over with laughter. Your face flushes red, hand clapping over your mouth as you register your mistake. "I'm so sorry for my language, that was rude of me—"

"No, no, don't worry about it—" He catches his breath as he replies, adjusting his grip on his bags before straightening up. "My students have been having a rough time recently, so I bought some extra for them and my colleagues. They're not all for me, I swear."

You nod in understanding, not believing him at all. "I believe you."

"Hey, don't look at me like that!"

You take the chance to lean back, peeking into the store window in the hopes that maybe there are still some pastries left, but they're quickly ruined as you spot the workers already closing the display cases for the day.

Slowly moving your gaze to one of Gojo-san's bags, you zero in on the clear container that's holding six strawberry tarts. Letting out a small cough, you clear your throat. "I know this is awkward, but would it be possible for me to get one of your strawberry tarts? I'll pay you back."

"One of these?" He lifts up the bag, raising an eyebrow as he looks at the container. "Sure..."

You feel your heart soar as you start looking in your bag for your wallet to pay him back.

"...If you get dinner with me tonight."

And it comes crashing back down again. You have to stop yourself from gaping at him in shock, closing your mouth so it doesn't hang wide open. "I'm sorry, Gojo-san , but you're my patient. It's not appropriate."

He cocks his head to the side, shit-eating grin spreading on his face as he gives you a teasing smile. "Am I? I'm pretty sure all my records were deleted after they were sent to my school. You can go ahead and check, if you'd like."

You shoot him a confused look, but comply, pulling out your phone and giving your medical assistant a call. "Maeda-san? Sorry, I know I just left, but could you check up on a patient's medical record for me? Name is Gojo Satoru."

"No problem. Can I get their date of birth?"

"What's your date of birth?" You mouth to Gojo-san, pulling the receiver a little bit away from your head.

"December 7th, 1989." He mouths back.

You pull the phone back to your ear. "It's 12-07-1989."

You wait there in silence as she types, mouse clicking and keyboard clacking as she searches for his file. "Hmm... I'm... sorry, but I can't access the file at all?"

"What? But I just saw him last week..." You frown as Gojo-san starts humming, clearly enjoying your confusion. "Did he change doctors, or has the file been removed?"

A couple more clicks. "I can't tell since I'm blocked. Oh, that's right!" She rummages around the room, and you can hear her going through piles of paper and folders.

...This coming Monday, you should probably help her clean the office.

"Found it! We got a fax recently from... Jujutsu Technical School requesting for the results of his physical exam, and then for them to be deleted and removed from our patient list for privacy reasons. It seems like their employees are required to get a physical exam from a different hospital each year."

"...So you're telling me I lost a patient?

"Yep." She pops the 'p' at the end, emphasizing her confusion along with you. "Weird, huh?"

"Definitely. Sorry about that, thanks for checking Maeda-san."

"No prob, doc."

You sigh as you hang up the phone call, staring at your phone wallpaper. Normally you'd be worried about your patients' health after they leave your care, but with Gojo Satoru standing in front of you with an infuriatingly large smirk on his face, he's not granted the same sentiment.

"So, [L/N]-san, how about getting dinner with a former patient?" He lifts the bag up in front of you, dangling the oh-so-precious collection of pastries in front of your eyes.

It's true that with his file removed from your jurisdiction, he's no longer your patient, and so there are no legal concerns. But getting dinner with a former patient remains a hellsite of a moral grey-area that you're too tired to really consider at the moment.

And then your mind fades back to the conversation you just had with your parents over the phone. No matter how much you refused, they'd still do their damndest to set you up with that dumb-fucking marriage meeting. But what if you were in a relationship? They'd have to listen then, right?

Also, you really want your strawberry tart.

"Ok, you win." You sigh, pushing the store bag out of your face and crossing your arms as you lock eyes with Gojo-san. "But make that 2 strawberry tarts, and 2 chiffon cakes."

A real smile pushes through his cocky grin, and he slings the bag over his shoulder to follow you as you make your way out of the alley. "Deal. What do you want to eat?"

You hum in thought, tilting your head to the side. "Anything's fine, really."

"How about sushi? I know a really good place in Ginza."

"Sounds good, why not?"

✧༺♥༻∞