13.

✧༺♥༻∞

✧༺♥༻∞

"Any pain in your shoulders or knees?"

"None."

"Any headaches or major migraines that made it difficult to continue everyday activities?"

"Nope."

"Any difficulties with sleep, or waking up stiff in the morning?"

"Nope, other than just generally being tired."

Doctor Amano blinks, looking at you and your chart that's open on her computer screen. "And you say you haven't been having any issues for around 3 months now?"

You shake your head again. "Nothing at all."

One of her eyebrows cocks up, and she takes off her reading glasses as she spins her chair around to look at you. "Ok, what's your secret?"

A laugh breaks out on your face as you lean against the chair. "I don't have one. I've been exercising and sleeping the same amount, and taking my medicine at the same exact time everyday. No skipping or special circumstances. It's just gotten... better." You shrug, knowing even less about the recent changes.

She nods, recording the information in her chart before tapping a pen against the screen, looking at the list of your medications. "It's been 6 months since your last prescription change, so I'm going to go ahead and make another change this time considering the drastic improvements. Since you haven't been having any flare-ups for the past few months, I'm going to start by having you slowly taper off on tizanidine, but feel free to switch back to your normal dose if you start having any more issues. For the rest, keep your current prescription for now and we can follow-up later if we need to make anymore changes. Sound good?"

You nod, thinking about the amount of pills you can remove from your pill organizer. "Sounds good."

"That's great. I want to keep some of your other medications the same for now just in case they've been contributing to the sudden improvements, but if you can stop taking the tizanidine without a problem, I think I'd like to start having you taper off of some of your other medications as well." She smiles, moving away from the computer to place a comforting hand over yours. "Regardless, this is a fantastic improvement of your health. I'm glad that we're finally seeing some results, even if it took some time."

You return her smile with one of your own, still not completely sure about the recent results. "Of course. I mean, it only took over 10 years, right?"

The two of you laugh at that, and she pats your hand before moving back to note down the results of today's exam in your chart.

You stare down at your hands in the meantime, playing with your fingers as you consider your sudden health improvements. Like you told Doctor Amano, nothing has changed, and if slowly going off of your recent medication caused no changes, then it might mean that you can start emptying the cabinet full of pills you have at home.

Was it possible for everything to get better so suddenly? After 10 years, were you finally going to be free?

"Doctor Amano, I have a question." You swallow hard, still looking down at your lap. "What are the chances that the symptoms will come back again?"

The sounds of typing pauses, and she lets out a breath as she considers your question. She's taking her time, and choosing her words carefully -- something you've always been thankful for, even when what she's going to say carries bad news. "Fibromyalgia is still considered a lifelong disorder, especially considering the severity of symptoms. I don't want to tell you that you're completely cured , especially because it's been such a relatively short amount of time and we're unsure of the reasons why -- but that doesn't mean things aren't getting better."

You nod, understanding the truth to her words. Enjoy what you have, but don't set your expectations too high.

You never know what will happen.

✧༺♥༻∞

Short one, sorry <\3