9.

✧༺♥༻∞

✧༺♥༻∞

You shift awkwardly, hands raking through your hair. Because, as much as you hate to admit, you really enjoyed your time with him. You're used to spending Friday nights after work at home alone, making dinner with whatever new organic-vegetable-craze your mom has gotten to, before crashing into bed and staying in a temporary coma until the morning comes. Then you do chores, maybe treat yourself to a TV show, and then sleep again. Monday comes and you haul yourself out of bed, starting the entire week all over again.

Work, sleep, eat, repeat. You'd gotten used to the monotony of it all, the dull repetition of daily life slowly eating away at your soul without even noticing.

Today was enjoyable. Breaking your normal routine was fun. And you're surprised it took someone like Gojo Satoru for you to realize it.

"I'll give you my number, if you want it." Your voice comes out soft, and you're surprised with how nervous you sound. "My personal number, not the office extension."

His expression doesn't change, casual nonchalance preventing you from seeing a semblance of a reaction show up on his face. You shift your feet awkwardly, rocking side to side.

Until he tilts his head to the side, mock surprise seeping through his voice. "A doctor giving their personal number to a former patient? How scandalous!"

There it is again. You bury your face in the palm of your hand, rolling your eyes as he continues.

"You know, this is probably a violation of HIPAA." He puts a hand to his chin, eyebrows furrowing as he peeks at you from above his sunglasses. "Maybe I should file a report to the Japanese Medical Association for physician misconduct--"

You feel your heart freeze in panic, blood rising. "You blue-eyed bastard, don't you dare--"

He finally lets up, breaking out in laughter as he takes his sunglasses off to wipe a tear from his eyes. "I'm kidding, kidding! I'll take you up on that offer, though." You watch as he unlocks his phone, pulling up the contacts app and looking at you expectantly. "Whenever you're ready."

You lean over, telling him your number and watching as he types it in to a new page. He pauses when he goes to fill in your name, thinking for a second before finally typing 'morally corrupt doctor'.

You roll your eyes for what feels like the 50th time this night. "Yeah, ok. I'm leaving. Bye!" You turn to leave, waving your hand before you're stopped by the sound of a crinkling bag.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" He grins, raising up a bakery bag and stopping you in your tracks.

Your strawberry tarts.

"Thank you, I totally didn't forget." You speedwalk back towards him, taking the bag from him that contains the tarts and cakes. "Ok, so I'll take these 2 and these 2..."

"Have the whole bag." He gives you a gentle smile, hands shoved in his pockets. He clearly doesn't intend to take the bag back, and your eyes widen as you stare at him in shock.

"But what about your students? And colleagues?"

Gojo shrugs, gaze fixed on yours. "They'll be fine, I wasn't planning on sharing that much with them anyways."

You look down at the bag, and then back at him

At the bag, then back at him. "Okay... no."

You snatch the 2nd bag from his hands, rushing over to a nearby bench to divide up the lot. You're still surprised by the sheer amount of sweets he's gotten today, but for now you focus on separating the tarts, then the cake slices... ooh, there are macarons too... "Alright, there we go."

He gives you a confused look as he walks over, and then pauses as you hold out to him one of the newly rearranged bags. It's more full than it was before, notably because the one you're still holding has substantially decreased in size.

"I gave you some strawberry tarts as well, so you can understand just why I love them so much. And the rest are... consolation for keeping me company tonight." You smile as you push the bag towards him a second time.

"Aw, you shouldn't have." He returns your smile as he takes the bag from your grasp, slinging it over his shoulder. "It was nice getting dinner with you too. I'll text you tonight when I finally see if this bakery lives up to the hype."

"Sounds like a deal." You turn away for real this time, giving him a wave as you head down the stairs. "Good night!"

He waves goodbye back, and you turn away as his figure slowly disappears as you descend into the station.

It takes some time to get back home, but by the time you do, you're surprised to find out you're not as tired as you thought you'd be. Socializing and going out with friends always leaves you physically drained afterwards, but the way you feel like you're still buzzing with energy as you plop down onto the couch is a new first.

Maybe the new medicine has some funky side effects? Wait, does this mean that your complete lack of social energy throughout your life has been caused by your medications?

You're yanked out of your confused thinking by the sound of your phone buzzing, and you pull it out of your pocket to check the notifications.

[8:56PM]>>>blue eyed bastard: holy shit

[8:56PM]>>>blue eyed bastard: you were right

[8:56PM]>>>blue eyed bastard: id kill for this bakery

[8:56PM]>>>blue eyed bastard:[IMG_9827.jpg]

You laughed at the picture he's sent you, losing yourself in a fit of laughter as you go to open up the bakery bag left on the kitchen counter. He's sent you an incredibly unphotogenic photo of himself shoving a strawberry tart in his face, and the first thing you can think of is returning the favor.

Grabbing a slice of chiffon cake, you shove it in your mouth and take an equally unflattering photo.

[8:58PM]>>>You: [IMG_1382.jpg]

[8:58PM]>>>You: just wait until you try the cake too

[8:59PM] blue eyed bastard loved an attachment

✧༺♥༻∞

SOME OF YALL WANTED TO SEE THE PHOTO OF GOJO EATING THE STRAWBERRY TART.
THE AMAZING @opalOPHIELIA DREW IT!