8.

✧༺♥༻∞

✧༺♥༻∞

As the two of you leave the restaurant and make your way back to the train station, you realize what made you so compelled to stick with Gojo Satoru in the first place.

You can't figure him out.

Maybe it's his carefree disposition, or the casual indifference he has towards everything -- like he doesn't need to worry about it all. And yet there's something more to it that you can't quite place your finger on, something that's so out of reach that you don't have a semblance of an idea of what it could be. Why did he approach you at the bakery? Why was he so interested in you?

You can't understand it. At all. And it drives you crazy.

"So, how was the sushi? Good, right?" He grins at you, sunglasses back on and obscuring his eyes behind their black tint. It's a shame, really.

You sigh, raising your arms and stretching as you reply. "It was. Honestly? I feel like I could lift a ton right now."

His smile spreads as he walks ahead, stopping in front of you. "Wanna try?"

From the fact that you haven't been plagued with random pains for a week, to the way you'll finally be getting desserts from your favorite bakery today, you feel like you might be going crazy.

Because you take him up on the challenge, wrapping your arms around his torso and grunting as you try and lift him up.

It fails, of course, with his feet staying planted firmly on the ground, but the shoddy attempt causes the two of you to burst out laughing as you let him go immediately afterwards. Some passersby give you strange looks as they exit the station, but you're too busy catching your breath to care about them.

Gojo hugs his stomach as he laughs. "Holy shit , I didn't think you'd actually try."

A dumb grin pops up on your face at that. He's already rubbing off on you. "What do you mean? You're the one that asked."

He shrugs, but not before he flashes you a wicked grin. "'Kay, my turn now."

You frown, tilting your head in confusion. "Huh? WaIT-- Gojo!" Your voice rises as he bends down, one arm wrapping around your back and the other sliding under your knees as he lifts you up. Your arms wrap around his neck on instinct as you yelp, suddenly lifted into the air. "Gojo, holyshityousonofabitchpleaseletmedown—"

You swear to god he cackles as he lets you back down to Earth, and you let out a sigh of relief as your feet touch the ground again.

"So, how was the weather up there?" He asks, a teasing lilt in his voice.

"Horrible," you shoot back, gasping as you stand up straight again. "Your breath smells like shit."

"Oh does it, now?" He smiles as he leans closer to you, and suddenly his face is very, very close—

You flinch, accidentally pushing him way on instinct.

Oh.

A flush spreads across your face as you panic, unsure of what to say. "I'm sorry, I just—"

There's a tinge of surprise in his face as you push him away, but he laughs and waves you off. "Hey, don't worry about it. Seriously."

You open your mouth to say something, but quickly close it as an awkward silence falls between the two of you. And here you thought you were comfortable with uncomfortable silences.

"Um," You cough, trying to restart the conversation. "We should probably get to the next train—"

"Nah, you don't need to worry about me." Gojo pulls out his phone, checking the time and scanning his notifications. "I live on the school campus, so I'll probably just grab a taxi back home."

"...Gotcha." You nod.

So this was it, then?

You mentally chastise yourself for thinking that something more would happen, like going back to his place for the night or vice-versa. It's the first date, after all. What were you expecting?

...Was it even a date?

✧༺♥༻∞