14.

✧༺♥༻∞

✧༺♥༻∞

"Gojo-sensei?" You blink as you look over to see a lanky boy in his teens coming out of a nearby store.

Gojo grins as he spots him, waving as he walks over and pulls you along with him. "Yuuta-kun!"

The boy, Yuuta-kun, smiles as he puts a hand over his chest in relief. "It is you! I almost didn't recognize you, because you look so different than you normally do at school."

You raise an eyebrow, tilting your head. "What does he normally look like at school?"

"Creepy."

Two of Yuuta-kun's classmates come out of the store behind him, and it's a girl with a high ponytail and glasses that speaks. "Are you sensei's girlfriend? You should run while you can."

Immediately Gojo tightens his grip on your hand, winking as he does so, and you roll your eyes as you elbow him away.

"Trust me, I'm working on it."

"Fish flakes."

You blink as the other boy with white spiky hair and a high collar mumbles out onigiri ingredients. Fish flakes?

"...Sorry, Zenin-san can be a little bit harsh." Yuuta-kun rubs the back of his neck nervously as he attempts to stutter out an explanation.

"Don't call me by my last name."

"Maki-san! I meant Maki-san." He squeaks as the girl next to him gives him a sharp glare, quickly apologizing before extending a shaky hand towards you. "And I, uh... I'm Okkotsu Yuuta," he stutters, giving you a small smile. "I'm a first year at Jujutsu Tech, and one of Gojo-sensei's students."

"Nice to meet you, Yuuta-kun." You smile as you shake his hand, about to introduce yourself as well when a terrifying pressure comes over you.

A horrifying pain bears down on your shoulders out of nowhere and you hunch over, almost buckling to your knees. The crushing stress spreads from your shoulders to the center of your chest, and then to your torso as you wheeze for air, about to collapse as the pain finally reaches your knees.

It's another flare-up. It must be making up for all the pain and suffering you haven't felt in the past months, because this attack might be one of the worst ones you've ever gotten. The vision in the corner of your eyes starts to grow fuzzy, but suddenly snaps clear again as Gojo yanks you back and you let go of Yuuta-kun's hand.

"[L/N]. [L/N]." Gojo's hands wrap around your shoulders as he steadies you, and you cough and sputter as you try and regain your breath. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I- I'm fine." You let out one last hack as you stand up straight again, wiping the corner of your eyes to turn back to Yuuta-kun and his classmates, giving them a weak smile. "Don't worry about it, it happens sometimes."

You probably should have been more careful with your words, because Yuuta-kun doesn't look at all assured by your comment. Tears are already brimming at the edge of his eyes as he apologizes profusely, even more shocked by what you said. "This happens a lot?!"

The girl, Maki-chan pipes up as well, peering at you through her glasses as she steps up. "Are you kidding? If you're getting attacks so often, shouldn't you do something about it?"

"Well, I'm already doing all that I can. Medicine and health check-ups can only do so much, you know?" You shrug as she looks at you in confusion, eyes darting between you and Gojo before she takes a step back.

She looks away, clearly bothered by your answer, and you feel a little bit surprised that these high school students you just met today seem to be so concerned for your health.

You smile, giving a small bow of your head as they shuffle their feet uncomfortably. "Thank you for being worried about me, but I'll be fine. Really."

Gojo's arm finds its way around your waist again. "Plus, I'm right here. She's in good hands."

His head starts leaning down for a kiss, and you yelp as you block his face with your hands before he can go any further. "Students! Your students are right here!"

Maki-chan lets out a loud groan as she spins around (you don't blame her), quickly trying to get away. "Yuuta, Toge! We're going!"

Gojo laughs as he moves your hand away from his mouth, letting go to wave his students goodbye. "See you guys in class on Monday!"

He gets a middle finger in response.

You snort as you peel his arm off of your waist, turning to watch as the three of them make their way through the mall into another store. "...You have some nice students."

He gives you a look of mock betrayal, eyebrows raising as you smile in their direction. "You call that nice?"

"As nice as they would be, considering you're their teacher."

"I'll have you know that I'm their favorite teacher."

You scoff. "You mean their only teacher."

By the time your impromptu shopping trip has ended, the weather outside has changed drastically. You and Gojo stare at the pouring rain outside of the train station at a loss, trying to determine how to get back to your apartment without getting soaking wet.

You sigh as you look up at the night sky, too dark to see if the clouds will clear up. Tokyo's rainy season has started, and it doesn't seem like the downpour will let up any soon. The one day you forget to check the weather, and it turns out to be a storm.

You fumble through your bag, looking for your wallet. "I'll go back into the station to buy an umbrella, go ahead and wait here."

"Hold on," he grabs your arm, stopping you from heading back down. "An umbrella? That's no fun. I've got a better idea."

You give him an owlish stare as he takes off his jacket, hooking it over his head like a cloak. "I... am not doing that."

"Yeah you are." He yanks you under him, pulling the ends of his jacket together so it just barely covers you both. "Ready?"

"No." You scoff as you clutch your bag against your chest, trapped in his arms. "Just because you've seen this in TV shows and manga doesn't mean it'll work--" You yell as he ignores you, crossing the street as the pedestrian light turns on. "Gojo!"

Water splashes everywhere as you charge through the sidewalks, weaving into the neighborhood and past some very confused neighbors as the two of you make your way to your apartment building. You yell at him to slow down as you skid through the streets, flinching as rainwater sloshes into your shoes and soaks your socks.

✧༺♥༻∞