24.

✧༺♥༻∞

✧༺♥༻∞

You tend to recover from embarrassing moments relatively fast, mostly because you can convince yourself that nobody really remembers it. Unfortunately, you have the worst luck in the world because your boyfriend happens to be the kind of person to witness an embarrassing moment, and then save it in his phone calendar so he can remind you ever so often about said embarrassing memory.

"By the way, aren't you supposed to be good with kids or something?"

"Hey, you're the teacher here. And I can't really be good with kids when I'm discussing the worst ways to die in an aquarium." You chuck a tapioca straw at him before trudging up the stairs to your apartment.

"Come on, at least I'm not the one who--" He freezes as you slap a hand over his mouth, staring at the door to your apartment that's currently hanging ajar.

You turn your head ever so slightly to give him a worried look, lowering your hand from his mouth as you whisper at him. "I locked the door before we left, right?"

He blinks, sliding off his sunglasses and slotting them over his collar as he glances between you and the door. "I think so...?"

The two of you creep towards the open door, his shoulder pressing against yours as you put your back against the wall and peek into the corner of the entrance through the open crack. You always have a long metal shoehorn there for particularly tough mornings, so you reach out to try and grab it...

And your elbow accidentally knocks against the door and causes it to creak open. Shit. "Abort mission--"

"[F/N]? Oh, there you are." The door steadily squeaks open, and you stare like a raccoon caught in a trash can as you come eye to eye with...

"Mom?"

A smile curves on her lips as she opens the door wider, ushering you in. "Who else would it be? I came by to drop off more enoki, so I let myself in since you weren't picking up my calls." Her gaze suddenly turns towards Satoru as he closes the door behind him. "Oh. And you are...?"

Oh god. You are not prepared for this. At all.

You fight the shakiness in your voice as you sheepishly motion at him like you're an elementary schooler giving their first show-and-tell. "This is, uh... the guy I was talking about."

Satoru chuckles as you wave awkwardly in his direction, turning to your mom and giving her a small bow of his head. "I'm Gojo Satoru."

Your mom looks him straight in the eye, then looks down.

Up, down. Up, down.