17.

✧༺♥༻∞

✧༺♥༻∞

"Good morning, Suzuki-san, Akari-chan. How are the two of you doing today? I haven't seen both of you in awhile!" You give the mother-daughter duo a smile as you enter the exam room, shaking both of their hands before taking a seat. "Alright, since I'm seeing Akari-chan today, what can I do for your health?"

The girl shuffles in her seat before she opens her mouth. "Um, well I--"

"Akari-chan became captain of her high school's basketball team recently! She's a fantastic player, but she said her stomach's been hurting a lot more recently. Isn't that right?" Her mother, Suzuki-san , interrupts her immediately, placing a comforting hand on her daughter's shoulder while she smiles as you.

Her daughter gives a small nod, and the smile on her mother's face widens.

"So of course, I'm worried about my daughter's health. She's a point-guard, which is the most important position on the team, so I really want her to stay healthy. You can treat her, right?"

You smile, typing in the mother's reported symptoms into Akari-chan's exam chart as you nod. "Of course, I'll do whatever I can to help her. Is it ok if I just verify some information before I look further into it?"

Suzuki-san beams, clapping her hands together. "Of course!"

"That's great!" You turn to Akari-chan to get her approval as well. "Akari-chan, is that okay with you as well?"

She blinks in surprise as you turn to speak with her directly, but quickly smiles as she nods her approval. "Okay."

Her responses remain the same to what Maeda-san got: normal period cycle, and no drinking, smoking, or sexual activity. Her stomach pain also tends to flare-up at random moments, but they tend to be when she wakes up and gets ready for school. And then there's this way her mother tends to answer most of the questions for her instead of with her that has you feeling there's probably more to the situation than you think...

Suzuki-san is a wonderful person and a great patient, but unfortunately Akari-chan is your priority today.

You get up to snap on some gloves, letting Akari-chan get comfortable in the meantime. "Suzuki-san, I'm just going to feel around her stomach to see if there's any specific place that's hurting the most. Is it ok if you step outside while I check up on her?"

She looks between you and her daughter, tilting her head a bit to the side as she considers your request. "You're just checking her stomach, is that right? Do I need to leave for something like that?"

You shake your head, placing a hand on Akari-chan's shoulder as you let her lie down. "You don't have to, but I just like to talk to my teens alone so they can start taking a role in their health care early on. But you can rest assured that if any important medical emergencies come up, I'll be sure to let you in so we can talk it through."