12.

✧༺♥༻∞

✧༺♥༻∞

Gojo spins around, a shiny pair of Ray Bans on his face. "How about these?"

You frown as you look over, picking out a pair of glasses to try out for yourself. "Don't you own, like, 5 pairs of black sunglasses already?"

"Can't ever have enough, you know." He shrugs as he takes them off, eyes lighting up as he looks at the pair you're wearing. "Oh, those look cute."

"Do they?" You hum in consideration as you look at your reflection in the mirror. The glasses are made out of clear material, with a slight cat-eye and sparkles on the temples. They are pretty, but there's not really any point in getting them since you don't wear glasses.

You shrug, placing them back on the wall. "Ah well. Hey, try these on." You pick out a pair, and Gojo bends his head down so you can put them on.

He leans over you to check his reflection in the mirror, and immediately bursts into laughter. "Hey, I like these!"

The sound of your laughter follows as you look at his reflection as well, slightly disappointed that they don't look as dumb as you expected it to. You've picked out some heart-shaped sunglasses with a gaudy gold rim that continues to the temples, and a pink-orange tint to boot. On the wall, it had looked way too flashy and loud compared to the other glasses displayed around it, but it looks right at home on Gojo when he puts it on.

Ok, he looks good with them. The hell.

You push the bridge farther up his nose and he wrinkles it in response, continuing to admire his appearance. "You know what? I'm gonna get this one."

"You're joking."

"Why would I? You picked them out for me, anyways."

You cock your head as you follow him to the cashier, once again trying to decipher his meaning. Is he being genuine, or just messing around with you? Does he actually like them, or is he just sticking with it because it's funny?

It's strange, how simultaneously blunt and roundabout he can be at times. On one hand, he straight up asked you if you wanted to start dating (which you answered with a "sure", after trying to decide between "ok" and "yes" as a reply -- there was also an entire mass of text messages sent to Kyoko in a panic, but everything turned out alright), but on the other hand, he still tends to avoid certain questions by dodging around them and eventually changing the topic.

It doesn't bother you too much, if you're being honest, but it's just... interesting. Something in your gut tells you there's more to it, but you just can't quite put a finger on it.

...On the other hand, maybe you should stop doubting your boyfriend and just take the compliment. It's probably not that complicated.

"Oh," He blinks as you walk over empty-handed. "Not getting anything?"

You shake your head. "Nah. Not like I'm going to have to start wearing glasses anytime soon, and I don't really wear sunglasses anyways."

He lets out a whistle. "That's right, I forgot you barely go outside in the first place."

"Hey!" Your jaw drops as you elbow him in the side, and he snorts as he barely budges and continues paying for his sunglasses.

"What, are you gonna say I'm wrong?"

"...Going outside for work counts, right?"

"No, that just makes you a workaholic."

As the two of you exit the store, you shoot him a nasty side-eye at the same moment that he gives you a not-so-obnoxious-anymore grin. "I've been going for runs more often, okay? It's something."

"That is something." He raises an eyebrow as he looks down at you, corners of his mouth turning up at the good news. "Have you been feeling any better lately?"

It's funny how fast that brings a smile to your face as you consider your health improvements. "Haven't had any flare-ups or trouble sleeping for the past 3 months, so I say I've been doing pretty good."

"Hey, that sounds great!" He grins as his arm slides around your waist, pulling you closer as he presses a kiss to your temple, and you can't help but laugh as you don't bother trying to push him away.

✧༺♥༻∞