Chapter three

Read the entire book now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/Be-Careful-When-You-Bite-ebook/dp/B0CLN42KS4/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?crid=1HAD2GFBJEN8Z&keywords=nadine+alliye&qid=1700778973&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C109&sr=8-4

Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoyed :) Updates twice a week, enjoy!

******

Chapter Three

I was too caught up in my own thoughts to even remember that I had to be at the ritual. Still curious as to why Damon had lied to me, I forced myself a reminder that I did not care and averted my focus back to getting to that ritual and getting the hell out of this place.

But where do I go?

I watched as a guard dressed in heavy armor passed by and debated asking him but before I got the chance to utter a word, I heard the big metal doors unveil behind me and out stepped Damon. He grabbed my arm and turned me around. He took a couple seconds to look me up and down, his face scrunching up in an expression I can only describe as curious or maybe taken back. I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment and was suddenly very aware of how little fabric was covering my skin. I watched his eyes linger on my exposed neck, observing the bite Isabelle had given me.

"How many times do I have to tell you to stay in your room?" he finally spoke, balmier than I was used to.

I yanked my bare arm from his grip and retorted,"I didn't know where to go, for the ritual."

He swallowed as if his throat had suddenly gone dry," I see Meredith has gotten to you." I simply nodded.

"Come with me."

Without giving me a second to respond, I silently obeyed. We walked for what felt like a couple minutes and I realized every step I took felt as if something in my stomach was dropping lower and lower. The thought of getting out of here and back to my normal life has distracted me from asking certain questions.

What exactly are they going to do to me? Will it hurt?

We finally reached a pair of large stone doors that opened up on their own to reveal a garden. I had to refrain from gasping loudly at the sight. I'm not sure if it was the feeling of not having been outside for almost 24 hours or if it was the beauty of the garden or a combination of the both that left me simply astounded. A cobblestone pathway stationed between acres of grass led the way towards a pavement opening where a large fountain was the main attraction. Large, perfectly rounded green bushes lined the football stadium-sized garden. Sculptures stood proudly and the perfectly kept pool made me wonder if vampires enjoyed swimming. The full moon shone so brightly I would have mistaken it for daylight had I not known the time. Damon led me down the pathway towards the fountain where his parents; the King and Queen stood waiting for us. I wondered how they had gotten here before us but shrugged the thought as there were more important things to think about.

It was the Queen who broke the silence," I see that you came fully prepared."

I looked down at my dress when I realized it's what she was referring to and nodded," Yes, I am."

"Did you know white silk is traditional when performing a ritual involving a foreign human?"

"N-no," I stuttered. She must be talking about the villagers. The Queen smiled briefly," It's for good luck."

I almost wanted to chuckle or let out a snort but refrained.

I had to be the unluckiest person on the planet.