Chapter Fourteen

Read the entire book now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/Be-Careful-When-You-Bite-ebook/dp/B0CLN42KS4/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?crid=1HAD2GFBJEN8Z&keywords=nadine+alliye&qid=1700778973&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C109&sr=8-4

Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoyed :) Updates twice a week, enjoy!

Chapter 14

I flickered my eyes open be greeted by yet again, another unfamiliar room. I looked around to examine that I was stretched out on a Queen bed, white sheets covered my thankfully clothed body. I stood up and walked around the modern room. Memories of last night flooded my mind and I remembered that I was at the guest room of Asia and Xavier's home.

I peeked outside the window and took in the beautiful busy streets of New York. It was a long way down but it was breathtaking. I took a quick shower in the bathroom inside of the room and spent some time admiring the place. The sudden smell of familiar breakfast entered my nostrils and I decided to go out and explore.

Asia, now dressed in a yellow summer dress, stood behind the kitchen island, cooking.

"Morning!" She screeched out without turning around," would you like some breakfast?"

"Yes please," my mouth was salivating at the smell of pancakes and syrup. It reminded me of back home. She turned around holding two plates stacked with delicious goodness and drizzled with fresh pieces of fruit and maple syrup.

Her beauty was breathtaking in a way that I almost had forgotten but I collected myself and grabbed the place," thank you," I smiled.

"You slept a long time," she said, coming around to take a seat on the black bar stools beside me," you must have been tired."

I nodded, stuffing my face," I am, I'm really over it. This whole thing with the Mark of Eros, I wish I can just erase it, or at least find whoever it is that I'm mated with and tell him I don't want it."

Asia peeked at me and gave me a sad look," unfortunately it doesn't work that way."

"How would I know, if I were to meet him would I just know he's the one?"

She shook her head, chewing gracefully," not necessarily, some people just know, for others the universe tends to give them a little push to bring their paths closer together, in hopes that one day they realize."

"So I could have already met the person?"

"Yes, you could have."

My mind immediately drifted to Damon. I wondered if there was even a slither of possibility that it could be him. I remembered how badly he had wanted to get rid of me last night and thought against it. I think Damon would be the last person it could be.

"He's a good guy."

Confused, I left my trance of thoughts and refocused on Asia," what?"

"Damon, you were thinking of him right?"

How did she know that?

"He's a good guy trying to make a difference. A little in over his head if you ask me."

"What makes you say that?" I wondered.

"The Cold Ones, they can't be changed. They may use the rest of The Underworld to their advantage, witches like me when they need a quick spell, werewolves to dispose of the bodies of their villagers, faeries to sleep around with, but they will never see us as equals and there isn't much Damon could do, even if he were King, to change that."