Chapter Fifteen

Read the entire book now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/Be-Careful-When-You-Bite-ebook/dp/B0CLN42KS4/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?crid=1HAD2GFBJEN8Z&keywords=nadine+alliye&qid=1700778973&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C109&sr=8-4

Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoyed :) Updates twice a week, enjoy!

Chapter 15

I had been lost in thought for what must have been hours when I finally was brought back to reality at the sudden sound of the door opening. I jumped up from my bed and gazed towards the window where I could see it had gotten dark. I turned my gaze back towards the bed where the cellphone Luna had given me rested. I quickly grabbed it and shoved it underneath the mattress. I got up and out of bed to witness Asia stepping in with take-out bags in her hands.

"Hey you," she set the bags down on the kitchen island," I brought some Chinese take out, I can't imagine how long it's been since you had any."

My stomach growled at the smell of general tao and I took a seat on the stool.

"Thank you, that's really nice of you, I don't have any money to pay you back."

She began to open up the small cardboard containers," please, it's my treat."

The scent of sweet and sour chicken balls was beginning to make my mouth water.  It reminded me of nights where my mother was too tired to cook and she would order in. 

I grabbed the chopsticks and hungrily munched away at the meal. Asia took a seat beside me," how was your day today?"

I tried to hide the sudden feeling of anxiety that arose within me. I wondered if she could somehow tell that I was hiding something," it was alright, I saw myself on the news as a missing person, that was hard to watch."

Asia's expression turned sad," I can't imagine what your parents are going through right now."

"Me neither, I wish I could call them, just to reassure them that I'm okay."

Asia looked hesitant before setting her chopsticks down and grabbing her cellphone," make it quick."

I looked at her with an expression of uncertainty," are you sure?"

She nodded," don't tell Damon."

I grabbed the phone and got off the stool, I punched in my mother's phone number and looked up at Asia who gave me a reassuring smile. I gulped back my nerves and hit dial.

I felt my heart drop to the deepest pit of my stomach as I heard the phone ringing and finally, the purest voice of all, my mothers.

"Hello?"

She sounded normal. That was my first thought was that she sounded normal. I took a deep breath and tried to get my words together.

"Hello," I replied," mom, it's me."

"Holly," I could always hear it in my mother's voice when she was getting ready to cry and I could tell that it was coming," Holly, where are you?"

"Mom, I'm okay, I'm not far from home."

"Where have you been all this time, I thought you were dead somewhere!"

"I'm in New York mom."

"What the hell are you doing in New York!"

I could hear the anger and the frustration through the crying but I could also hear the relief.

"I've been at a friend's house here, I'm going to stay a little longer but I'll be back soon."