Chapter Sixteen

Read the entire book now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/Be-Careful-When-You-Bite-ebook/dp/B0CLN42KS4/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?crid=1HAD2GFBJEN8Z&keywords=nadine+alliye&qid=1700778973&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C109&sr=8-4

Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoyed :) Updates twice a week, enjoy!

Chapter 16

The morning rolled around quickly and I woke up to realize Damon had left. I tried to dismiss the uncomfortable feeling of disappointment and was hit with the sudden sense of déjà vu when I caught sight of the breakfast tray on my dresser. I nibbled on the sandwich after taking a quick shower and changing into a fresh pair of pants and a t-shirt. I grabbed Luna's phone that I had stashed under the mattress and turned it on.

3 missed calls.

The calls were all made from the same number who I could only assume was Luna. I called the number back and waited as it rang.

"Hello," I recognized the voice immediately.

"Luna, it's Holly."

"Holly, are you back at the castle."

I sighed," yes, I'm getting ready to go out into the village now."

"His fruit shop is on 23rd avenue. Have him meet you tonight at 8 pm at the castle gates with a fruit delivery, don't tell him out loud just hand him a note or something."

"What happens when he comes to the gate tonight?"

"Nothing, not yet, just call me, I'd like to talk to him."

"And then? What will happen after that?"

"Call me tomorrow morning and I'll let you know the plan. I'm still trying to get some details sorted out with a couple of friends in Oakridge."

"Okay, I'll talk to you soon."

"Holly..."

"Yes?"

"Thank you."

Just as I was about to hang up, she spoke again," Holly!"

"Yes?"

"Ask for strawberries...he'll understand."

I smiled gently although she couldn't see," no problem."

I made sure to turn off the phone again so it doesn't ring whilst I'm with Damon. I searched my dressers for a pen and a pencil and scribbled  down a note.

Dimitri,

I'm Holly, a friend of Luna's.

Meet me at the castle gates

tonight at 8 with a fruit delivery.

I read over the note a couple of times and decided it was as good as it was going to get.

I ran out into the hallway and began to make my way upstairs to Damon's room. When I had finally reached the door, I couldn't help the flashback of the last time I was here. I had witnessed him and Isabelle in a very compromised position.

I heard the sudden muffled voices of two people arguing and leaned down to be eye level with the small envelope slit. I pulled down to reveal about half of an inch of sight but could hardly see anything. In the far corner, I could make two figures.

"I was the fool that didn't see it coming, and you took advantage of that," I recognized the voice immediately as Damon's.

"I don't know what she told you, but it was clearly to create a wedge between us Damon, she's a human, a foreigner, listen to yourself," this was with no doubt, Isabelle faking her way into yet another conversation with Damon.