Chapter Eight

• Dedicated to Emily Halden (Bubblez)

Read the entire book now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/Be-Careful-When-You-Bite-ebook/dp/B0CLN42KS4/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?crid=1HAD2GFBJEN8Z&keywords=nadine+alliye&qid=1700778973&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C109&sr=8-4

Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoyed :) Updates twice a week, enjoy!

******
Chapter 8

I must have passed out on the way over here because when I woke up, I could hardly see a thing.

My eyes fluttered open and they took a couple of seconds to adjust to my surroundings except I couldn't see much. The endless murky adjoining of the cell that the guards had thrown me in caused a sudden panic and I felt my chest begin to thud.

No, I thought. This can't be happening now.

I struggled to get up and realized that it was because I was weighed down by the metal chains on my neck. I tugged and pulled at them, I even trailed my fingers to the very end where they connected to the hard and wet pavement walls but it was obvious that there was no way on earth I could muster up enough strength to even loosen them.

"Hello!" I screamed out," Hello, is anybody there?"

The only reply I got was the echoing of my own words.

I screamed out for Damon and prayed that he had at least a slither of kindness in him.

How could I have been so wrong about him? Maybe he deserved to be betrayed by Isabelle and Seth. Maybe he deserved a lot worse.

I took a few steps forward and reached my hands out in front of me in an attempt to feel anything. I remembered the electrifying cell gates and quickly pulled my hands back.

I suddenly tripped over something and fell to the hard ground, feeling booth my knees scrape. I let out a scream at the sudden pain and looked down at what had made me fall.

I couldn't see much, but I felt something coarse, almost like clothing. I screamed out when my fingers made contact with a human face.

The jester. They had left the dead jester in here with me.

I began to scream hysterically, my body shaking with fear and horror.

I pushed myself back until I was leaning against the cold wall and brought my knees up to my chest. I sobbed for what could have been hours until I finally passed out again. I was awakened by the sudden sound of rumbling. I struggled to open my eyes and was met by a small amount of light emitting from a few candles.

I searched for the source of the sound and to my surprise, there stood Damon.

I stood up in a hurry and tried to run towards him but was pulled back by the chain on my neck.

"Damon-" I began," you have to get me out of here, please-"

He didn't say a word. Instead, he fumbled with the lock and opened the doors to the gates. I felt temporary relief and hoped that he was going to let me out but he didn't. Instead, he slid a tray of food towards me and proceeded to lock the gate again.

"Damon, wait," I felt the panic arise at my throat," please."

His eyes met mines and they told me to explain myself.

"I didn't know the jester would be down here when I found this place," I began," I didn't mean to get you in any trouble with the King and Queen-"

He began to walk away but I screamed out loud ," Damon, please! Just listen!"