chapter six

Read the entire book now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/Be-Careful-When-You-Bite-ebook/dp/B0CLN42KS4/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?crid=1HAD2GFBJEN8Z&keywords=nadine+alliye&qid=1700778973&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C109&sr=8-4

Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoyed :) Updates twice a week, enjoy!

******

Chapter 6

"I'm going to drain you, human," Isabelle hissed, her eyes shining like lanterns. I wasn't aware of myself backing up until my back hit the hard concrete wall behind me.

My lips quivered and my brain raced in search of words to say but I was simply speechless. My heart thudded quick enough to jump out of my chest and I suddenly felt like a mouse stuck in a trap. Within a blink of the eye, Isabelle was standing in front of me, her once gentle and beautiful face now filled with darkness and hatred.

"I-I didn't hear anything," I managed to utter out," I promise, I-"

She wasn't listening, it was clear by the look on her face that she had already decided.

"Isabelle, stop."

Seth's voice was drowned out by my fear and the haunting sound of Isabelle's snarling.

She traced her finger nail on the bite that Xavier had given me. I winced in pain when I felt the cut freshly opening back up.

Her eyes trailed the droplets of blood as they rolled down my neck to my chest.  I was breathing even quicker than before and shoved my back further towards the wall.

"Isabelle, let her be."

She didn't listen. She didn't even acknowledge Seth's talking. Instead, her hungry eyes met my terrified gaze as she came closer and flicked her sharp tongue across the cut, following it down to my chest where the trail of blood ended.

"Isabelle, stop!" Seth's voice was more demanding now," We can't touch her, father's orders."

I didn't realize that Seth had walked right up to stand behind her. He grabbed both her arms and leaned forward to whisper in her ear," We can't get on father's bad side, step away."

A couple of seconds later, Isabelle ripped her gaze from mine. She shoved Seth away and walked towards the cell where the man had seemed to blend in with the darkness.

"How do we know she won't tell everyone," She mumbled angrily," You know she heard everything."

Seth looked down at me as if I was pathetic trash that he couldn't get rid of," She won't utter a word."

"What makes you say that," Isabelle used a pair of keys to unlock the cell doors. I saw a flash of electricity jolting up the metal doors and wondered how it was not affecting her.

Seth placed his cold fingers under my chin and lifted my head up to face his.

"Because if she so much as breathes a word of this to anyone," His hot and angry gaze almost burnt mines," she can forget about ever going home and instead get used to the idea of rotting in this cell. "

Isabelle disappeared into the cell. Seconds later, I heard the man groaning. I felt my eyes burn with tears and immediately knew what was next. She dragged the man out by the metal chains around his neck until they were standing just a few feet from me.

Seth finally stepped aside and I was met with the empty and lifeless gaze of the villager. His expression looked as if he was already dead.

Isabelle smirked at me.