chapter seven

Read the entire book now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/Be-Careful-When-You-Bite-ebook/dp/B0CLN42KS4/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?crid=1HAD2GFBJEN8Z&keywords=nadine+alliye&qid=1700778973&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C109&sr=8-4

Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoyed :) Updates twice a week, enjoy!

******

Chapter 7

Sleep was out of the question. I stayed restless and much like my initial days here, I spend my time gazing out the window, watching the sky go from midnight blue to a light coral color before finally transitioning into the bright arctic that is tomorrow.

I spend my morning stressing about the events to come and wondering what to expect. I hoped and prayed once again that Xavier would come through on our deal. I prayed that he would convince the witch to help me before Seth and Isabelle decide that it was a mistake to let me live. I wondered why the King had requested my presence tonight at the quarters if it doesn't mean they had found me a witch.

At around ten am I felt my body finally crash and enter a deep sleep despite my racing brain. When I woke up, I was glad to find a tray of food by my bed.

Without thought, I scarfed down the sandwich and the fruit and chugged the glass of water like it was the first thing I had put in my mouth for days. I stretched my legs and walked down the hall, and after a quick shower and a change of clothes, decided to kill a few hours doing some more exploring.

I debated going to visit Gremlin again but decided against it because I had already finished all of my food. I decided to take the stairs up for a change and internally prayed I wouldn't find any more dungeons.

Dungeons are strictly underground, right?

I let my legs do the leading and wondered if I subconsciously wanted them to lead me somewhere.

The castle was quiet as usual and I remembered to make a mental note to be back in time for whatever it is that the King had needed me for at nine pm.

I heard strange noises coming from one of the doors and grew curious as to what is inside. I located the door with the noise and pressed my ear up against it. It sounded like large pieces of furniture were being moved.

Curiosity began to eat me up as the noises grew louder followed by the sound of moaning.

I noticed the small metal slit through the door that I could lift the lever to use as an envelope dispenser into the room. I got on my knees and kneeled forward, pulling the metal handle up and keeping one eye squinted to reveal what's inside the room. I caught sight of a naked Damon, his big muscular back glinting as if he were shinning. In front of him, facing away and towards the wall was a naked Isabelle.

I almost gasped out loud when I realized what they were doing.

Damon had her held in his embrace, his hands wrapped around her throat as he thrust harder than I thought was possible. They looked so in sync together, they were both so incredibly perfect and flawless.

I felt my cheeks heat up and no doubt turn a bright red color.

I watched as Damon turned Isabelle's head to face him and plant his lips on hers, capturing her in a passionate kiss. I felt something drop to the pit of my stomach and suddenly felt sick. A sudden intense feeling of disappointment and distaste held my body captive and I couldn't watch anymore. Instead, I stood up and ran back to my room, hoping to forever erase that image from my head, and wondered why I felt so betrayed.