Chapter Eighteen

Read the entire book now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/Be-Careful-When-You-Bite-ebook/dp/B0CLN42KS4/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?crid=1HAD2GFBJEN8Z&keywords=nadine+alliye&qid=1700778973&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C109&sr=8-4

Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoyed :) Updates twice a week, enjoy!

Chapter 18

The guards bust open the gates to the quarters to relieve the inside where the King and Queen sat on their thrones as usual. The first thing I noticed was that the room had tons of people in it. Side by side stood Isabelle, Seth, Matheos, and Elisabeth. On the other side were six new figures whom I did not recognize and could only assume were the Council.

"Damon, Holly," the King greeted," please come in."

I tried to catch sight of a clock somewhere but couldn't find one. I attempted to push away any nerves and glanced at Damon who had already begun marching towards the thrones. He hesitated no time in demanding," father what is this?"

"Damon," greeted a man from the Council, as I got closer I could tell that his skin had a sudden hint of scales like reptiles and tried not to make a face, "good to see you again."

His pupils were oval and pitch black and I wondered if he was what Asia had called a shapeshifter.

"Under unfortunate circumstances, however," this time it was a girl, she had a high brown ponytail that ended at her mid-back. She had glowing brown skin and eyes that could hypnotize you.

"Vesto, Ameera," Damon greeted,"what's going on?"

A man stepped out of the group and approached Damon. He had a pitch-black mohawk that was bright red at the tips.

"Seth and Isabelle told us all about the foreigner you've been holding hostage," his eyes flicked towards me and back at Damon," I must say, I'm surprised."

Damon's angry gaze directed towards his brother and Isabelle realizing that this was what she had meant when she said she had something planned.

This did not need to happen right now. I knew the time must be about 7:30 pm but this didn't look like it was going to end anytime soon let alone with me walking out of here.

"It isn't what it looks like," Damon began " I haven't held her hostage, I'm trying to find her a witch-"

"Kia is a witch," said Vesto, pointing towards a girl with long blond hair and black highlights in the front, "You could have reached out to us."

Kia smiled a charming simper," I would have happily helped you, Damon."

"I know what it's like to ask a favor of the Council, I would live the rest of eternity paying it back-"

"Now that's just rumors," this time it was a thin and short red-headed girl with the same teeth that Ade had from the bar. I knew right away that she was a faerie mainly by the mischievousness of her grin," we're not that bad."

"What now?" Damon now faced his parents," what's going to happen now, are they going to take her away?"

I took a step back at the comment.

They can't take me away, he can't let them.

The King remained silent but Damon insisted," father, answer me!"

"Damon, had you come to us and presented your case, things might not have had to be this way," said Vesto, his scaly skin becoming more visible in the light.

"Give me one more week," Damon demanded," I'll make this right-"

"That's what Xavier said," The King finally spoke," and then he went off and married that witch."