Chapter Four

Read the entire book now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/Be-Careful-When-You-Bite-ebook/dp/B0CLN42KS4/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?crid=1HAD2GFBJEN8Z&keywords=nadine+alliye&qid=1700778973&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C109&sr=8-4

Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoyed :) Updates twice a week, enjoy!

******

Chapter Four

In the night, seconds felt like minutes and minutes felt like hours. I watched the sunrise, not having been able to catch a good night's rest. Lingering on my mind was the thought; where was Damon taking me and where?

The regular routine of a maid barging into my room to drop off my food and completely ignoring my existence replayed every couple of hours and I refused to leave my room. I was scared and unprepared for what's out there. I thought of Xavier's magical bite and almost laughed at how stupid I had been to let him have my blood.
I wonder if he tricked me or if he had been serious about the witch, and if so, how long?

I watched my reflection in the window and saw that the new scar was just a little bigger than the one Isabelle gave me. I shivered when I remembered his fingers trailing down my sides and his soft gentle kisses on my neck. How could he be so evil, so...cold but so luring. Everything about his touch was inviting and I was almost disgusted by how badly I wanted him to bite me again. I fixed my shirt to hide the scar.

I thought about my parents and friends and wondered if they were panicking yet. I thought of Jake, my ex, who was the reason I drove out of town in the first place. Had he not cheated and tore me to shreds I would have never felt the need to escape. I wondered what day it was and realized that I was losing track. I walked to the dresser beside my bed and opened the cellphone that had no more minutes.

I can't believe I wasted my phone call.

The time and date were October 16th, 2020, 6:34 pm.

In just a couple of days I was expected back at school. I wondered when I'd actually be back, what would my excuse be. I heard a knock at my door and stood up surprised because no one knocked. I felt sudden excitement that it could be Xavier and the witch.

"Come in," I let out and walked in Damon. He never failed to stop my breathing with how handsome he was. He wore a tight grey shirt that clung to his muscular chest. He took long strides towards me and I blushed when the thought of him sucking Isabelle's venom out of my neck came to my mind.

What is going on with me that the thought of vampires biting me is turning me on?

"Get ready," he didn't greet me and instead jumped straight to the point," today you leave with me."

"Where are we going," I asked.

"You were right, the other day when you accused me of rescuing that man," his eyes shifted and he swallowed," you were right, but father has sent me to retrieve him, and you are coming with me."

"What are you gonna do?" I asked already knowing the answer," When you find him, are you going to hurt him."

"That is none of your business."

"You are making me come with you, I have the right to know."

"My punishment was to find the jester and bring him back to father, it is up to him to decide what will happen next."

"You know he's just going to kill him," I pressed," he wouldn't spare his life, he won't let him live."

"Get ready," he demanded," We leave as soon as the sunsets."