Chapter Twenty-Five

Read the entire book now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/Be-Careful-When-You-Bite-ebook/dp/B0CLN42KS4/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?crid=1HAD2GFBJEN8Z&keywords=nadine+alliye&qid=1700778973&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C109&sr=8-4

Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoyed :) Updates twice a week, enjoy!

Chapter 25

Holly's POV

It almost felt as if everything had frozen and the only thing moving was the nerves at the pit of my stomach that sunk deeper and deeper. I suddenly left like a deer caught in headlights. The garden had cleared out and nobody was there besides the four of us, Seth and Isabelle and the Council.

"It's so nice to see you, my brothers," Seth was the first one to speak.

"We were just leaving, "Xavier spoke, his voice was calm and rational.

"But you just got here," he continued," you missed fathers speech when he announced that I will be the next King."

"You'll be King over my dead body," Damon released my fingers from his grip and darted a few steps closer.

I wanted to reach out and pull him back but I refrained from doing so.

"Actually," Vesto stepped out from the line where the rest of the members stood," that still could be arranged, and it will."

Xavier stepped towards Vesto, blocking Damon from his path," you'll have to go through me first."

Vesto smiled almost sarcastically," Is that so?"

"Why don't you take them all?" This time it was Isabelle. Although her voice was deep yet feminine, it still came off as infuriating.

Vesto turned around to look at her before turning back to face the four of us," as I should, after all, it was the three of you that killed my wolf and stole my prisoner."

I gulped back and looked at Damon. Beside me, Asia was wide eyes and scared.

"Let them go," Damon barked out," I'm the only one you want anyway."

"Charming," this time it was Fabian who stood amongst the others. The tips of his pitch-black Mohawk were cobalt blue instead of red," but that's not going to happen."

"What do you want?" Damon demanded. It was clear that he was tired of the games.

"I want the four of you to get into that van where you will be escorted to my prison, where you will all die a long and painful death for disobeying the only living gods of The Underworld," Vesto's oval pupils had gone red. His expression was starting to resemble an animal more than it had resembled a human. The scales on his skin became more visible now and shun with a hint of green," and I want it all done without a scene."

"That's not going to happen," said Damon," you either get me alone or none of us."

Isla stepped forward her long red hair bouncing with the wind," do you want me to take care of them?"

Vesto put up a finger," I'm going to give you one last chance to get in the car."

I looked up at Damon for instructions but his eyes were locked with Vesto's.

Isla stepped forward closer towards us and lifted her fingers. Her sharp nails were made out of wood and they extended to form a sword that shot at Xavier's chest. He gasped out loud, his eyes were now wide open staring at the faerie. Asia screamed out loud and ran towards Xavier but within a flash, Damon was at her side, grabbing her from getting closer. Asia looked towards Kai," you're a witch! Help us, we're your sisters!"