Chapter Ten

Read the entire book now on
Patreon.com/Bynadine
Or buy on Amazon

https://www.amazon.ca/Be-Careful-When-You-Bite-ebook/dp/B0CLN42KS4/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?crid=1HAD2GFBJEN8Z&keywords=nadine+alliye&qid=1700778973&sprefix=nadine+alliye%2Caps%2C109&sr=8-4

Don't forget to comment and vote if you enjoyed :) Updates twice a week, enjoy!

****

Chapter 10

Damon was walking fast enough that I thought he must have forgotten about me.

After ushering for the guards to disperse, he continued marching down the busy streets of Brooklyn. I wish I knew what time it was and I tried to keep alert for a clock somewhere but it was almost impossible to do that and keep up with Damon. I knew if he wanted to, he could have been gone a long time ago but I'm assuming he had to maintain his speed because there were humans around.

Foreigners who have no idea how lucky they are. I was one of them not too long ago.

I wondered about Luna and what she had meant when she meant I had the Mark of Eros.

What the hell is the Mark of Eros? How do I get it off?

Damon had gone into a panic when she had said that. If I was such a burden to him, I wondered why he wouldn't just leave me here amongst my people. I could find my own way back home somehow.

I needed someone to speak words to me. Someone to sit me down and tell me exactly what it meant that I had the mark and why had it made Luna change her mind about helping me.

"Damon," I called out, struggling to keep up," slow down!"

He came to a halt in front of a metal door stationed outdoor in between a sketchy-looking corner store and a laundromat.

Damon rattled the door and it opened without much resistance. We entered into the doorway to be faced with black stairs leading down to seemingly nowhere.

"What is this," I asked Damon struggling to catch my breath," where are we?"

Damon spared me a glance for a quick second and mumbled," you'll see."

With that, he began his way down the stairs and I scrambled to follow.

At the very bottom was a small hallway and another metal door.

Standing guard was a big and muscular, taller than even Damon man dressed in an oversized grey t-shirt and some shorts.

He nodded at Damon as if he knew him already and gestured my way.

"She's with me," stated Damon.

The guard's eyes went from a chocolate brown to a neon green color that made me jump back when they landed on me. He opened his mouth to reveal a thin and forked black tongue.

"This way," he almost hissed the words.

He lifted his scaly fingers and pushed the metal door wide open. I didn't hesitate to run after Damon and was met with neon strobing lights that gave me an immediate headache.

A club? He brought me to a club?!

Damon pushed past hundreds of dancing, sweaty bodies. I tried to not get distracted buy the people and focus on not losing my way. I followed Damon through the crowd until we finally reached the bar where he took a seat and signaled I do the same.

"Damon, what are we doing here-" I began but he completely ignored me. Instead, he was more focused on the bartender behind the bar who leaned over the counter, her big and perky breasts almost falling out of her top.