Chapter 4

Chapter 4

After finishing his words, Xue Xingyi pressed the door lock and walked out of the room. He was picked up by his sister and brother together in a car.

Sitting in the back seat, Xue Xingyi's slightly sore arm rested on the car window as he muttered softly, "Why did you all come?"

His sister turned to rub his head and said, "You don't even ask yourself. We received a call from the police station after midnight. Can Feng and I rest easy?"

Xue Xingyi replied, "I'm fine."

His sister sighed, lowered her head, and pinched Xue Xingyi's chin, looking him over. She said, "You're not injured, are you?"

Xue Xingyi let out a low hum, "She doesn't have the capability."

His sister released him, started the car, and continued, "Dad knows about it too. He wants to talk to you. Maybe I should prepare you in advance. Dad said starting this year, you don't have to manage the bar anymore, focus on your studies."

Xue Xingyi suddenly frowned, "No."

At this point, his brother also spoke, "Xiaoxing, you can't keep getting into fights like this. Li Ran doesn't go to school, and he can afford to fight and find trouble, but you need to go to school. What if something happens to you one day?"

Xue Xingyi replied, "It won't."

The red light came on, and Xue Xingyi's sister temporarily stopped the car. She turned to ask Xue Xingyi, "What about your studies? Have you given up? High school sophomore year is a turning point. Our Xue family has been in business for three generations, and you, having been admitted to a prestigious high school, have the potential to get into university. Dad has high expectations for you."

Xue Xingyi asked, "How high?"

His sister paused for a moment and then said, "At least you should aim to be in the top half of your grade. Can you get into university if you keep lagging behind like this?"

Xue Xingyi replied, "Alright, I'll aim for the top half. Let me continue managing the bar."

After leaving the police station, He Qian checked her phone and saw that Li Ran had called her multiple times. She called him back, and after waiting for a while, Li Ran arrived in his car to pick her up.

Getting into the car, He Qian asked Li Ran, "Did you win the fight?"

Li Ran cursed and then said, "It ended in a draw. The cops showed up."

He Qian reassured him and said that they would have another chance next time.

Li Ran rested his hand on the steering wheel, and He Qian noticed that the wound on his wrist looked rather alarming. She glanced at her own wrist and was surprised to see that her wound looked very similar.

Li Ran asked, "Did he bite you too?"

He Qian replied, "Yeah."

They exchanged a knowing look, two people who had shared a similar experience, and both burst into laughter.

Li Ran, feeling somewhat resentful, said, "I finally managed to catch that wildcat, and then the cops showed up. Sigh, you didn't get hurt anywhere else, did you?"

He Qian replied, "No, he doesn't have the ability for that."

Li Ran laughed heartily, praising He Qian for being so capable. He then opened the car's refrigerator and handed her a bottle of cola and an envelope with money.

He Qian glanced at his hand and noticed that when he picked up the envelope, he had also taken a bouquet of flowers, but halfway through, he put the flowers back.