Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Xue Xingyi called Xue Fengyu.

He came up with a reason and asked his brother to call the teacher to explain the reason for not attending the exam.

He Qian sat at the nearby table, her head lowered, busily trying to fix Xue Xingyi's damaged exercise book with glue.

He Qian rarely did fine work, and glue always ended up on her hands, making her movements somewhat clumsy. She had put in quite some effort, but she still managed to glue the big brother's exercise book into pieces.

However, He Qian was always confident enough. She picked up the book and smiled at Xue Xingyi, proudly saying, "Is this okay?"

Xue Xingyi replied, "...It's pretty good."

Xue Xingyi added, "I'll handle the rest."

He Qian protested, "Don't, you said it's pretty good, right? You rest, I'll do it!"

Xue Xingyi put down his phone and softly asked her, "Aren't you going to ask me why I bullied the Omega?"

He Qian didn't stop her hands and replied directly, "Didn't he provoke you first?"

Xue Xingyi's pupils subtly contracted.

He Qian sighed, "I understand him, and... I also understand you quite well."

Xue Xingyi listened and raised his eyes.

He held a recording in his hand. At this moment, he didn't mind if the discussion on that post got more intense. He was even willing to let them say something more extreme to make Wang Xu's final stand difficult.

But He Qian didn't know about the recording, and she had complete faith in her own appearance, gradually melting the heart in Xue Xingyi's chest.

The teenager was in a very good mood, slightly shifting his arm and adjusting it to his comfort. "Hmm," he said again.

He began to "hmm" once more.

Indeed, it was the style of a big shot.

He Qian asked, "Do you want to sleep a bit more?"

Xue Xingyi said he wasn't sleepy, but his energy couldn't last for too long. After a while, his body sank into the mattress, and he slowly closed his eyes.

He Qian finished gluing the exercise book and helped him tuck in the blanket. After adjusting the air conditioning to a higher temperature, she left the room.

He Qian leaned back on the sofa and stretched her legs. Xue Xingyi's mobility was limited, so she was certain he wouldn't leave the room. She lowered the volume of the TV and took a short nap.

She slept until a little past midnight when He Qian felt a strain in her neck. She stood up to use the restroom and decided to check on Xue Xingyi to see how he was doing. She thought that if he needed to use the restroom and was too embarrassed to call for help, it could be troublesome if he held it in.

She gently pushed the door open and was surprised to find that the young man wasn't asleep anymore. Instead, he was sitting by the bedside, holding a pen and paper, studying.

He Qian rubbed her eyes and her voice sounded slightly hoarse due to tiredness. "Hey, do you need to use the restroom? Shall I carry you?"

Xue Xingyi blushed slightly. "I... don't need to."

He Qian nodded and casually said, "Alright then, get some rest. Don't overexert yourself."

Xue Xingyi was indeed weak and should have gone straight to sleep. The reason he woke up was that He Qian had turned up the air conditioning too high, and she had bundled herself tightly, waking up because of the heat.