Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Ruan Yue'er went home.

He Qian helped Xue Xingyi into the car. His hand, due to discomfort, had been clutching her jacket, so she had to get in as well.

Xue Fengyu: "Hello."

He Qian politely lowered her head. "Hello."

Xue Fengyu: "No need to be so polite. I'm Xingxing's brother. You can call me 'brother.' Xingxing, where are you going? Back home or to your place?"

Xue Xingyi: "To my place."

Xue Fengyu responded with a nod. The man in the rearview mirror chuckled softly, handed Xue Xingyi a bottle of warm water, and raised the partition in the middle of the car.

The car started, and Xue Xingyi's body gently swayed. His head hit the car window, and He Qian reached out to cushion it. Then she pulled him closer and let him lean on her.

He Qian helped him wipe away the sweat and carefully checked the dosage of the medicine from her bag. Xue Xingyi took the medicine but was still sweating and in pain.

He was wearing a woolen sweater with a round neck, without an outer coat. He Qian reached inside and found that he was wearing a very thin short-sleeved shirt underneath. It was cold outside, and how much wind could this sweater with all those small holes block?

He Qian held his waist and let him lean on her. She furrowed her brows and asked, "Why are you dressed so lightly?"

Xue Xingyi: "You're dressed lightly too."

He Qian's clothes were even thinner than the school uniform for summer, but she still felt justified when blaming Xue Xingyi.

He Qian: "It's fine if I'm dressed lightly, but it's not okay for you."

His body was sliding down, and He Qian caught his waist. She sounded somewhat annoyed and said, "If I catch you not wearing an outer coat again these days, be prepared to be hung out in the cold wrapped in a straw mat."

Xue Xingyi was amused by her and coughed twice. "Do all Alphas threaten people like this?"

He Qian: "I'm not joking with you."

Xue Xingyi froze for a moment and then shrank his neck. His eyes started to turn red again.

He Qian: "Don't give me that look!"

He Qian: "I mean what I say!"

He Qian: "...Did you really cry?" After Xue Xingyi's eyes were completely red, He Qian's temper disappeared. She helped him wipe away the tears and said, "Good boy, I was wrong."

Xue Xingyi rested his head on her shoulder and began to doze off.

The medicine was starting to take effect.

When the car reached the bottom of the rental house, Xue Xingyi was already sleeping soundly. Xue Fengyu raised the partition and was about to reach over to wake his brother up, but he saw the young girl gently cradle his brother's neck and then carry him out of the car.

This action...

Seemed rather skillful.

It looked like his brother had already won her over.

He was quite good at hiding it. Xue Fengyu clicked his tongue, withdrew his hand, and drove upstairs.

The ride was a bit bumpy when going upstairs, and by the time they reached the rented room, Xue Xingyi had started to wake up. Xue Fengyu raised the partition and was about to reach over to wake his brother up, but he saw the young girl gently cradle his brother's neck and then carry him out of the car.