Chapter 7

Chapter 7

The unexpectedly smooth progress boosted He Qian's mood.

Xue Xingyi became much easier to get along with.

He agreed to join the group chat and even went to a bar with the other four Alphas.

Xue Xingyi noticed that He Qian was uncomfortable sitting on the bed while teaching, so he specifically bought her a chair. The two of them could sit side by side at the table to study.

Xue Wan called once to ask about He Qian's performance as a tutor, and to everyone's surprise, Xue Xingyi said, "She's pretty good."

The little guy rarely praised others, which excited Xue Wan immensely. She sent money to He Qian.

He Qian asked, "Is this much?"

Xue Wan replied, "Take it, my treat."

He Qian took the money back to her brother, He Mo. After carefully calculating the expenses for the surgery and hospital stay, he bought He Qian a bicycle.

The style was a bit outdated, one of those unpopular models, but it offered excellent value for money. Afraid that his sister wouldn't like it, He Mo borrowed some paint and gave the bike a golden color.

As expected, He Qian was pleased with it. She touched the bike handlebars with satisfaction and accepted it carefully.

On a Friday evening, after finishing her tutoring sessions, it started pouring rain outside.

Xue Xingyi closed the doors and windows, then looked up to see He Qian, with her backpack on her back, about to leave.

Xue Xingyi said, "Don't go. It's raining heavily."

She shook her head, saying that a little rain wouldn't be a problem, then opened the door and left.

Xue Xingyi didn't try to stop her.

After a while, He Qian returned and informed Xue Xingyi that it wasn't rain outside but hailstones the size of pebbles.

He Qian said, "Also, my bike seat has been stolen by some jerk. Don't let me find out who it was!"

Xue Xingyi chuckled, "Don't go."

He Qian called her brother, He Mo, and told him she wouldn't be coming home tonight.

Xue Xingyi said, "I'm hungry. I'll make something to eat."

After he left, He Qian sat in the living room watching TV. She randomly tuned into a legal program and was engrossed in it when she suddenly smelled a bloody scent.

He Qian frowned and tiptoed into the kitchen to investigate. Xue Xingyi had cut his finger and was gazing at the blood on his finger and the knife, looking somewhat bewildered.

He Qian asked, "Is it serious?"

Xue Xingyi shook his head, "Not really. Just rinse it off, do you have any band-aids?"

He Qian happened to have some in her backpack. She fetched one and handed it to Xue Xingyi.

He applied it to his finger and continued to sit on the couch, watching TV in a somewhat absent-minded manner.

As he watched, he glanced down at the band-aid on his finger. The wound throbbed faintly, and his fingertip felt hot, pulsating continuously. Xue Xingyi knew that his heat was coming.

Indeed, He Qian, who was curled up at the other end of the couch watching TV, sensed that something was amiss.

She approached and called out to Xue Xingyi, "Are you okay?"