Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Li Ran drove to the address given by He Qian.

He eagerly watched He Qian come out, about to greet her with style, but suddenly noticed someone trailing behind her.

Li Ran's face suddenly turned cold. "Why are you still with him?" he asked.

He Qian replied, "I'm tutoring him."

At that moment, Xue Xingyi got into the car, sitting close to He Qian.

This irritated Li Ran even more. "Both of you Alphas, why are you so close?" he questioned.

He Qian quickly came up with an excuse, "He has a cold and is a bit sensitive to the cold."

Li Ran snorted, "Have you heard the story of the Farmer and the Snake? Have you forgotten when he bit you?"

Of course, He Qian couldn't tell Li Ran that she had bitten him too. So, she just smiled, reassured him, and the car started moving.

As the car went up the elevated bridge, Xue Xingyi's hand moved toward He Qian's wrist.

He Qian didn't avoid it, and Xue Xingyi held her hand gently, asking, "Does it hurt?"

He Qian sighed, "It's fine."

Alphas have incredible regenerative abilities, and the small wound now had a shallow scar. In a few days, it would probably be completely invisible.

When the car passed by a pharmacy, He Qian thought about buying a collar with a barrier component for Xue Xingyi. Collars of this kind had special materials that could protect an Omega's delicate gland from harm.

However, this would reveal that he was an Omega, and He Qian guessed that Xue Xingyi wouldn't want that. So, she decided against it. She could just keep an eye on him.

When they arrived at the bar, the place was still relatively quiet, not yet crowded. They descended the stairs to the basement, pushed open a glass door, and found themselves in a decent-sized pool hall.

The pool hall was playing music with a strong beat.

Xue Xingyi: "I'll go get you a drink. What do you want?"

He Qian: "Coke."

Xue Xingyi acknowledged and turned to enter the crowd at the front desk.

There was a group of people gathered around the front desk, registering their names. He Qian glanced around but didn't see any familiar faces. However, there was a man with a rock vibe sitting on the sofa in the hall, with a cue stick by his side.

A quick glance told He Qian that the cue stick was an original Secr from Germany, not suitable for anyone who wasn't particularly skilled. She looked at him, feeling a bit uneasy, but then thought, "As long as I can get second place!"

But in the next moment, someone patted He Qian on the back.

"You're here too!"

A male voice came from behind, and He Qian turned around to see Lu Chaoran smiling and greeting her.

Lu Chaoran was a student from Second High School, dressed in simple sportswear, holding a long cue stick case. When he saw He Qian, his eyes lit up, and he smiled brightly, "It seems like we're going to compete again. I can't wait. After losing to you last time, I specifically hired a teacher to practice. I must redeem myself this time!"

Please no.

He Qian's eye twitched, but she still smiled and said, "Good luck."

However, deep down, she sighed quietly.