Chapter 5

Chapter 5

He Qian didn't know why Xue Xingyi wasn't talking to her.

She propped up her English book and thought deeply while resting her head on the desk.

She knew she was in the wrong initially, but they had exchanged so many words, and she had even given him a temporary label. Normally, they should be quite familiar with each other by now, so why was he still so cold?

The morning passed quickly.

When the bell for the end of class rang, Xue Xingyi stood up and let He Qian move out from inside, then he sat back down to organize his notes for the physics class.

He Qian tilted her head to look at him, then carefully pointed her finger.

He Qian softly reminded, "You copied the wrong answer for question three."

Xue Xingyi's pen tip paused.

After being silently acknowledged, He Qian pointed at his notebook and said, "The answer here is the square root of 6, not 56."

Xue Xingyi stayed silent for three seconds. "Thank you." He then crossed out 56 and diligently changed it to the square root of 6 but didn't say anything else.

He Qian rubbed her chin, thinking about using this opportunity to apologize to him again. She was contemplating when a clear and lively female voice suddenly sounded outside the window.

Ruan Yue'er waved at her through the hallway window. The girl's voice was lazy and slightly husky, but it had a strong presence. "Qian Qian, it's time to eat."

He Qian glanced at the window and then at Xue Xingyi.

Xue Xingyi kept his head down, very quiet, as if there was an invisible barrier that automatically separated him from his surroundings. He Qian clicked her tongue and responded with a nod before leaving the classroom.

Outside, the sunlight was dazzling. The short-haired girl had tied her cotton school uniform into a knot around her waist. Leaning against the railing, she raised a finger at He Qian with a smile and teased, "Among all the Alphas, you're the most long-winded."

Ruan Yue'er is also an Alpha.

He Qian approached and linked arms with her.

The cafeteria at No. 6 High School was small and crowded, making meal times a battle. At this moment, it wasn't worth rushing for the first wave, so the two of them leisurely descended the stairs.

Ruan Yue'er asked, "Where did you meet Xue Xingyi? Why didn't you add him to the group chat?"

He Qian hummed, "We're in the same class, and we're not very familiar yet."

Ruan Yue'er exclaimed, "What a coincidence! Well, when you get to know him better, you should add him. Let's gather all five Alphas from No. 6 High School and go to the bar together. It'll be quite impressive."

He Qian couldn't help but think of his pheromones.

He was like alcohol himself, and he would probably be even more delicious after a drink.

He Qian smiled, "I'll add him once we're closer. We're desk mates, after all, so we'll get to know each other sooner or later."

Ruan Yue'er lightly chuckled, "Alright, let's go with the flow. I heard that Xue isn't the easiest person to get along with." She suddenly remembered something and squeezed He Qian's hand, "Qian Qian, I saw your brother selling his big motorcycle in the No. 6 High School group chat. Is there something going on in your family?"

After finishing his notes, Xue Xingyi picked up his backpack and headed back to his rented room.

No. 6 High School was located in the southern part of the city center. As soon as he stepped out, there was a main road, with small lanes on both sides. The small lanes were full of narrow alleys, mostly consisting of faculty housing.