Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Xue Xingyi changed into different clothes and drove He Qian back to her place.

The rain had stopped, and the sun was quickly drying up the earth, making it extremely hot. He Qian gave up on sportswear and chose a dress, paired with a pair of soft-soled black sandals.

He Qian's younger brother, He Mo, was making instant noodles. He glanced up at He Qian and asked, "Sister, a blind date?"

He Qian playfully slapped her brother and replied, "Meeting a senior."

Opening the car door, Xue Xingyi glanced at her.

He saw her lower her head to fasten her seatbelt, her soft hair loosely combed behind her head. She turned to the side, revealing the graceful and smooth line of her neck. The light blue dress had a white border that perfectly outlined her slender collarbone.

After fastening her seatbelt, she turned her head to smile at the person in the driver's seat.

Her beautiful eyes were reminiscent of a clear bamboo forest landscape, and when she smiled, they sparkled like flowers drifting on water, making her even more charming.

Xue Xingyi withdrew his gaze and casually asked, "Are you thirsty?"

He Qian nodded, "Yes."

Xue Xingyi took a bottle of water from the car's mini-fridge and handed it to her.

He Qian took a few sips but found the taste rather bland. Leaning against the car window, she murmured softly, "I want some alcohol."

Xue Xingyi raised an eyebrow and said, "Later, you can have a few drinks with my sister."

The car arrived at a Japanese restaurant in the southern part of the city.

Xue Xingyi and He Qian sat down together.

Soon, a stunning woman with a bright smile walked in. She was wearing a high-quality dress and carried an expensive-looking handbag on her fair wrist.

Xue Wan, with her delicate makeup, had a friendly demeanor. She raised a finger and said, "I'm sorry for being a little late. You must be He Qian."

He Qian nodded and greeted her.

Xue Wan smiled warmly and was easy to get along with. She looked at He Qian and said, "I couldn't tell you're an Alpha; you look so gentle."

Xue Xingyi asked, "Sister, what would you like to eat?"

Xue Wan clicked her tongue at him and turned to He Qian, asking in a low voice, "It's the weekend now. Would you like to have some drinks with me? I'm tired of having tea with these people every day; it's so bland."

He Qian smiled and politely agreed.

Xue Wan asked Xue Xingyi, "Would you like some too?"

Xue Xingyi gently shook his head and said, "I still have homework to do, so I won't drink."

Xue Wan had initially considered getting him to have some, but hearing his response, she immediately gave up the idea.

The current motto of the Xue family was to prioritize Xue Xingyi's studies in all matters.

Sushi, sashimi, and various Japanese dishes were served one by one, and finally, ceramic pots of Japanese sake were brought out. The small sake cups felt quite elegant in their hands. He Qian and Xue Wan took turns sipping from them.

He Qian turned her head and noticed that Xue Xingyi was meticulously removing the seaweed from the sushi with his chopsticks.

He Qian asked, "Don't you like seaweed?"