Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Xuē Xīngyì and Hè Qiān did not attend the evening celebration.

The principal felt that after their fight, they definitely couldn't sit at the same table for dinner, so he approved their absence.

But on Monday, during the flag-raising ceremony, they would have to stand separately on the platform for inspection.

After all, fighting in front of students from five other schools was a serious matter. Even though neither of them was seriously injured, the principal couldn't let them off lightly.

Hè Qiān came out after taking a shower, tilting her head as she looked at the young man on the couch.

The young man had his head lowered, and his long eyelashes hung down, giving him an unexpectedly obedient appearance. When he heard Hè Qiān come out, he raised his head, and his misty eyes looked at her.

Hè Qiān: "Don't look at me."

Xuē Xīngyì lowered his head again.

Hè Qiān: "...Don't pretend to be pitiful."

Xuē Xīngyì: "Then, can I cook dinner for you?" He stood up and walked towards the kitchen but was stopped by Hè Qiān.

Xuē Xīngyì lowered his head again. "I was wrong."

Hè Qiān actually softened her heart when she saw him sitting on the couch. However, she thought it was necessary to make him understand the seriousness of the matter, especially when it involved triggering an Alpha's instincts.

Hè Qiān: "Do you know how serious this is? If you had bitten me and brought your pheromones into the equation, I would have entered my heat immediately, and you would have had me right there on the lawn."

Hè Qiān tried to be more explicit to make him understand the gravity of the situation.

Xuē Xīngyì: "I was wrong."

Hè Qiān: "Didn't you ever attend those physiology and hygiene classes when you were a kid? Do you know how Alphas evolved? In their eyes, we're just tasty steaks, you know?"

Xuē Xīngyì: "I know."

Xuē Xīngyì: "Are you hungry? I can cook steak for you."

Hè Qiān: "?"

I don't think you understand.

You don't understand anything!

Xuē Xīngyì custom-made a collar that closely matched his skin tone. When he was alone with Hè Qiān, he would wear the collar and raise the collar of his school uniform.

Initially, this attire seemed quite juvenile, but when paired with Xuē Xīngyì's always lowered, cool, and gloomy eyes, it looked stylish no matter how you looked at it.

Before the second monthly exam, Xuē Xīngyì's glands had almost fully recovered.

Hè Qiān: "The doctor said it would take a year for you to recover." She said proudly, making a victory sign. "You did it in two months, a true medical miracle for an Omega."

Xuē Xīngyì sat on Hè Qiān's right side. "Why did this question change from Type 1 to Type 2 all of a sudden?"

Hè Qiān: "Oh, that's..."

As the class bell was about to ring, Xū Jiāyì and a group of his friends entered. He immediately noticed that Xuē Xīngyì had taken his seat again.

For the past month, Xū Jiāyì often found shadows cast over his desk as he worked on his assignments. When he looked up, he would see Xuē Xīngyì holding his workbook, politely asking, "Classmate, can I switch seats?"