Chapter 7

Pictures are just give an idea. If you know the original creator of any of these, please leave a comment so I can give credit!

Cassian:

It is Rhysand, Azriel, Amren, and I who have chosen to gather this evening in his study. The atmosphere of the room is highly charged with tension. Little light is emitted from the candles casting an amber glow onto Rhysand's desk that has been arranged meticulously with books and maps of various areas of the Night Court and Velaris We all stand in a circle around it, gazing at one another with determination gleaming in our eyes. In the centre of the desk lies the compass that had been gifted to us by the Weaver. The compass' needle keeps spinning out of control in the middle.

"I just don't understand it," I shout out in frustration and bang my hand against the table, causing one of the candles to tip over and spill its wax onto an old, yellowed parchment that was resting on its surface. Amren's glare tells me this document is probably thousands of years old. Nevertheless, I am still bewildered as to why we weren't able to uncover this powerful being hidden in our own court when we know it so well.

After returning from visiting the Weaver, we mind-linked with Rhysand directly to inform him of our encounter. He instructed us to make haste and fly towards the River House, where we would recount the revelations from our conversation with the Weaver. Both Feyre and Rhysand were keenly interested in hearing every detail of what had transpired, so we relayed every single word that had been spoken between us. Feyre spent the next thirty minutes immersed in a conversation about everything with Morrigan and Emerie. They went over every detail, from Emerie's initial observations to all of Morrigan's comprehensive thoughts about the encounter.

However Rhysand had only sat in silence, his intense gaze focused on the drink he had prepared for himself. His inner turmoil was visible to me and Azriel; doubt and uncertainty playing across his features as if an unseen spirit was tormenting him. He seemed to be struggling internally, conflicted with what he should do or say next. It was rare to see the High Lord look so powerless, and for the first time, I witnessed him appearing smaller than he actually was. Suddenly, this usually powerful fae had become much like any other male; vulnerable to his emotions and fears. It made me feel a pang of sympathy as I realised his usual strength and confidence had evaporated before my eyes. He seemed so alone now, helpless against the onslaught of feelings coursing through him right at that moment.

Luckily, Feyre must have realised her mate's distress as she firmly grasped his hand for support and understanding. Her gesture was enough to give him some solace and reassurance that he wasn't alone. He was grateful for this simple yet powerful sign of solidarity, feeling suddenly empowered to overcome the obstacles before him. Feyre may not have known what he faced or exactly how she could aid him, but her presence alone helped to push back the darkness that threatened to consume him.

As I watched my brother and the female I have come to think of as my own sister, I am certain that The Mother has granted the Night Court with one of the most powerful unions in centuries. They stand together gracefully, their presence commanding attention from all those present. Watching them unite fills me with pride and a sense of great purpose; they embody strength, optimism, and passion for what lies ahead. Despite their differences in appearance and character, it is clear that they share an unmistakable connection rooted deeply in a magic no fae will ever come to understand.

The following morning, Rhysand had woken me before the sun had breached the horizon, connecting with my mind and summoning us all to meet in the library. After gathering there, we set off on our prolonged mission to unravel any clues of what would await us and where. We searched tirelessly for days on end, determined to uncover hints for our eventual destination. We pored through countless documents and scrolls tucked away in dusty corners of the room - none of which seemed to offer any insight into who we would meet.