Chapter 12

Euodia:

The male leans back in his seat, watching me carefully. His eyes narrow slightly, and I can sense a certain level of suspicion in his gaze. He's trying to decipher whether my response is genuine or not. My stomach is now comfortably full, and the warm feeling from the porridge has spread throughout my body, leaving me in a state of contentment.

"Good," he says finally, his tone measured.

Despite the circumstances, I can't help but feel a sense of gratitude towards him for providing me with a warm meal. It's a stark contrast to the harsh treatment I've received from other fae since awakening in this strange world.

As the male's gaze remains fixated on me, I can't help but feel a sense of curiosity overwhelm me. His unwavering focus compels me to take advantage of the situation and examine him more closely. I find myself captivated by his features, each one contributing to an overall air of mystery that surrounds him. His full lips, perfectly complementing his sharp jawline and high cheekbones, appear as if they were carved from stone. However, it's his haunting hazel eyes that truly draw me in. They possess a certain depth and intensity that seems clouded by the shadows, leaving me to wonder if his mind is equally consumed by darkness. The presence of subtle dark circles under his eyes only adds to this enigmatic allure, prompting me to contemplate the inner turmoil he may be experiencing.As I sit there, restrained in the chair, I decide to address the situation. "Why am I here, and where am I?" I inquire, my voice steady despite the underlying tension in the air.

There's a flicker of something unreadable in his gaze before he responds. "You attacked my brother." He answered me back instead.

His words hang in the air, and I can sense the gravity of the situation. Attacking a member of the fae court is undoubtedly a serious offence, and I wonder about the consequences I might face. And if male refers to him as a brother, he might want to even that damage.

"I did," I admit truthfully, no guilt or remorse to find in my voice. "The female, too."

The male studies me for a moment, his expression unreadable. "Elain," he remarks, his tone still with no emotion.

"Elain," I repeat, a teasing tone seeping into my words. "You conveniently omit the name of your brother, but you're quick to mention the female. Is she someone special?" I can't help but prod, hoping to elicit a more emotional response from the stoic man standing before me. The tension in the room thickens as we lock eyes, each of us assessing the other. The shadows around the male seem to pulse with a subtle energy, reacting to the emotions in the air.

He finally breaks the silence, his voice measured. "Pyrathian is where you are."

Pyrathian. The land that I would call Pyrathia? It's vague information, and there is no doubt about that. The male's hazel eyes continue to scrutinise me, and I can feel the weight of his questions pressing against my guarded responses. Pyrathian, a land unfamiliar yet seemingly significant, is where I find myself. The mention of his brother, the fae named Elain, and the accusations of my attack on them hang in the air, shrouded in the mystery of my own forgotten past.

He nods with no words before he goes to the sink and begins to wash the dishes. I watch him for a moment, taking in the sight of him performing such a mundane task with an almost detached interest. It's a stark contrast to the powerful and mysterious aura he exudes.

As he washes, I can't help but notice the scars that mar his exposed wings. Each mark tells a story of battles fought and challenges overcome. The sight of those scars makes him seem more real, a stark reminder that even powerful fae are not invincible.

Once the dishes are done, he dries his hands before he walks towards me. I can't help but notice that the shadows seem to cloud them completely when he removes the gloves to wash up and how they disappear the moment his skin is covered again. I brace myself for whatever comes next, unsure of his intentions. To my surprise, he reaches behind me and undoes the silver cuffs, freeing my hands from their restraint. I flex my fingers, relieved to have some mobility back.