Chapter 22

Euodia:

I sit in the living room, perched on the couch, a silent observer in the aftermath of Feyre relinquishing her power to her mate. The toll of the magical exchange has left Feyre physically drained, her body grappling with the imbalance that echoes within. Azriel, the Shadowsinger, has instructed me to wait, leaving me to contemplate the unfolding circumstances.

The next steps in Feyre's journey loom ahead, shrouded in uncertainty. The decision to surrender her husband's magic, a power intertwined with her daily life, might appear straightforward, yet I understand the complexities beneath the surface. Feyre's connection to Rhysand's magic is more profound than she may realise, and detangling from it will not be a simple task.

As I contemplate the future lessons, questions arise like spectres in the room. Will Feyre be able to navigate the intricacies of separating her connection to Rhysand's magic from her own? The journey to uncover the smaller grains of power within herself remains a mystery, and the effectiveness of this exploration hinges on the unique dynamics of the lands we find ourselves in. Will Feyre's abilities flourish in the familiar surroundings of her court, or will the quest for mastery demand a pilgrimage to the lands where the High Lords are most profoundly connected to their powers?

I am left to ponder alongside Feyre, caught in the delicate dance between her journey of self-discovery and the enigmatic realms of magic that await her. The narrative unfolds, leaving me in suspense, eager to unravel the complexities that lie ahead for the protagonist. The weight of responsibility lingers, and I, as her guide, must navigate the uncharted waters of her magical journey.

The abrupt sound of the front door banging open disrupts my contemplation, causing me to jolt from the depths of my thoughts. Two distinct voices echo through the house, their chatter signalling the arrival of unexpected visitors. As I rise from my seat, I make my way back around the room, heading toward the glass double doors that lead outside.

In the midst of my concerns about meeting more fae, a deep, resonant male voice reverberates through the space, expressing dissatisfaction at the absence of a proper greeting. It's a voice I recognize, belonging to the other winged male from the previous night. The heavy thud of his footsteps draws nearer, and the tension in the air becomes palpable.

"Hush, you brute," a female voice interjects, its tone carrying a hint of authority. As the two figures step into view, the male's complaint seems to subside momentarily. The female, with her distinctive blonde hair, exudes an air of poise that contrasts with the male's boisterousness.

Caught off guard, I find myself in a momentary stand-off with the unexpected visitors. The prospect of facing two against one triggers a sense of being cornered, but the shadows that cling to my fingers and ear begin to stir, a subtle dance that almost feels reassuring against my skin.

The atmosphere in the room becomes charged with a subtle undercurrent of tension, a delicate balance hanging in the air as the newcomers and I lock eyes. The shadows continue their intricate movement, a silent affirmation that I am not entirely alone in this encounter. The glass double doors behind me provide both a barrier and a glimpse into the outside world, and I brace myself for the unfolding interaction with the fae who have entered Azriel's house unannounced.

"Hello," the male greets, his voice resonating through the living room. His imposing size and muscular build suggest a formidable strength, capable of overpowering with ease. Yet, despite the potential threat his physicality poses, there's a guarded openness in his eyes, an underlying friendliness that accompanies his approach. The blond female, draped in a vibrant red attire, trails behind him, both of them exuding a warrior's poise even within the confines of Azriel's house.