𝕮⃟Hapter 24

𝕮⃟𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 24

𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗘:My Dragon
𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥:我的龙 (Butterfly Mage)

° ° °

Halfway through the meal, Ruan Xin received a call from Fei Zheng, and then left in a hurry. Nan HuaiLin sat alone in the booth, eating and wondering what Ruan Xin’s “selfishness” really was.

However, his understanding of Ruan Xin was limited, therefore he couldn’t figure out the key to it, so he didn’t waste any more of his brain cells pondering over it.

He tried to eat all the food for two people, but couldn’t finish it because he was full. Originally, he wanted to pack it, but then he remembered, he was rich now so he could just waste it. He called the waiter to settle the bill, and left, dignified and feeling a little triumphant.

Since it was not very far from home, Nan HuaiLin planned to walk back to burn off the calories.

It was not long before nightfall. The day’s residual heat was still lingering and the night breeze already tasted of summer.

Wangfujing Street was busy with activity and hustle.

But the bustle of the people made Nan HuaiLin feel very quiet, from the inside out.

In the past, he was poor and exhausted, but now, his work has finally taken off. He no longer felt apprehensive and restless, instead he was full of hope for the future.

He was quietly happy in the peace.

However, he had no friends to share his feelings with just then. The only people he could think of at that moment were his parents.

For the sake of his youthful love, he was stubborn and rebellious, and broke his parents’ hearts. He hadn’t regretted his decision at first. As he looked back now, he realized that if he hadn’t been so aggressive, or been just a little more obedient, then his parents wouldn’t have been so angry with him for so long. They still hadn’t completely forgiven him.

When he saw an unoccupied bench nearby, Nan HuaiLin went over and sat down. He put on his headphones, and dialed his mother’s phone number.

It didn’t ring for long before the other side answered.

“Mum,” Nan HuaiLin called out in his native dialect. “Have you had dinner yet?”

“I just finished eating.” His mom’s soft voice came from the other side. “I’m watching TV with your father.”

Nan HuaiLin heard the TV, and the sound of his dad coughing.

“Is dad smoking again?” Nan HuaiLin asked.

“Mn. What can I do if he doesn’t listen?” His mom sighed helplessly.

Nan HuaiLin was silent for a few seconds. “How are you and Dad doing?”

His mother said, “The same as always. Quite well.”

Nan HuaiLin said, “I’ve been telling you to go to the hospital regularly for medical checkups, but you have never gone, right?”

His mother said, “It’s better to spend money on nutritional supplements, because at least you’re eating them.”

Nan HuaiLin knew that it was useless to talk about it, so he didn’t bother trying, but talked about something else instead, “Mom, I got my salary today, 250,000. I transferred 100,000 to your card, I guess it will arrive tomorrow. You and father can spend it however you want, you can go out together for a trip or something. You said you wanted to go to Sanya to see the South Sea Goddess of Mercy. This is the right season to go, it should not be too hot. “