𝕮⃟Hapter 31

𝕮⃟𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 31

𝗡𝗔𝗠𝗘:My Dragon
𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥:我的龙 (Butterfly Mage)

° ° °

The moment he was pinned down by Fei Cheng, Nan HuaiLin’s mind suddenly flashed back to that night of the thunderstorm, when he was pinned down by a drunken Fei Zheng, just like now.

The only difference was that he couldn’t see anything that night because of night blindness, but now he could clearly, and closely, see Fei Cheng’s face and his hot, fiery eyes.

Nan HuaiLin was so nervous that his heart stopped, as he stared at the person on top of him with wide eyes, and shouted his name in a tight voice, “Fei Cheng!”

Fei Cheng pressed against him. He didn’t move, just stared at him with unblinking eyes.

This silent gaze made Nan HuaiLin feel intensely uneasy, like the calm before a storm, but he didn’t have the courage to break it, for fear that the storm would become even more violent.

After what seemed like a century plus a few minutes, Fei Cheng leaned down and approached him. Nan HuaiLin thought Fei Cheng was going to kiss him, and subconsciously closed his eyes.

However, Fei Cheng only buried his face into his neck. Then he turned over with his arms around him, and went from pressing on him to lying face to face, while his arms and his legs wrapped around him like a teddy bear, confining him tightly in his arms.

When Nan HuaiLin opened his eyes, he saw the rabbit pulling carrots on Fei Cheng’s T-shirt.

“Fei Cheng?” Nan HuaiLin called out again.

He was met with the sound of heavy breathing.

Sleeping?

So soon?

Nan HuaiLin tried to get out of his arms. He struggled twice, which caused Fei Cheng to let out two grunts of discontent, and then hug him tighter.

Nan HuaiLin had to lie down peacefully.

Forget it, let’s just sleep like this.

After Fei Cheng’s tossing and turning, the fear created by Kunchi Rock was washed away. Nan HuaiLin slowly relaxed his stiff body, listened to Fei Cheng’s breathing and heartbeat, and slowly prepared for sleep.

But just as he was about to fall asleep, he felt something that was pushing against him. He opened his eyes abruptly. The sound of heavy breathing entered his ears, and his brain exploded. He closed his eyes again, and clenched his teeth to keep from making a sound.

After suffering like this for an unknown amount of time, Fei Cheng gradually regained his composure after a sharp, ragged gasp.

The arms around him were not as strong as they had been earlier. Nan HuaiLin waited a while longer to make sure Fei Cheng had fallen back into a deep sleep, before he carefully escaped from his shackles and tiptoed out of the bedroom.

Nan HuaiLin, who was still feeling the burn, changed his shoes and left the hotel to go for a night run along the road in front of the resort.

After he ran for an hour or so, he felt exhausted, and stopped to walk back slowly in the hot, humid night air.

When he returned to his room, he approached the bedroom on bare feet, pushed the closed door open a crack and peered inside.

Fei Cheng was still lying on his side as he slept quietly.

Nan HuaiLin went in, and silently came to the bedside.

The yellowish light from the bedside lamp sprinkled across Fei Cheng’s sleeping face. Nan HuaiLin saw that the corners of his mouth were slightly turned up. He was probably dreaming of something beautiful. It showed an unexpectedl hint of childishness.