𝕮⃟Hapter 66

»𝐶⃪66«
: MY DRAGON

• • •
Nan HuaiLin was confused for two seconds, turned his head and Fei Cheng looked at each other, but neither of them spoke.

Fei Zheng inclined his head to look at Ruan Xin, “Wait for me here.”

Ruan Xin nodded, “Okay.”

Fei Zheng took the lead and walked towards Lancelot’s room. Fei Cheng followed, holding Nan HuaiLin’s hand. Just as they walked past, the door slammed open again and Lancelot rushed out, ignoring the three people walking to the door and brushing past them.

“Little Blue…” Nan HuaiLin called out, but Lancelot ignored him, so he hurriedly nudged Fei Cheng, “Quickly follow him.”

Fei Cheng nodded, and quickly followed Lancelot, while Nan HuaiLin followed Fei Zheng into the room.

Fei Zheng opened the door of the incubator as if nothing had happened, took out the dragon egg, examined it carefully for a moment, put it to his ear and listened for a while, then put it back carefully and said, “It’s okay, don’t worry.”

Nan HuaiLin was slightly relieved, “Then when will it hatch?”

Fei Zheng shook his head, “I don’t know.”

This kind of simple and concise way of speaking without any explanation was sometimes a real headache. Nan HuaiLin knew it was useless to ask again, so he had to say “Oh” and follow Fei Zheng out.

Ruan Xin was the only one in the living room, standing there quietly, staring fixedly into the void somewhere. Perhaps it was his illusion, but Nan HuaiLin vaguely felt an air of sadness and despondency flowing from Ruan Xin, which he had felt since the cocktail party.

It wasn’t until Fei Zheng approached that Ruan Xin became aware of it and looked back at him suddenly.

“Let’s go.” Fei Zheng said.

“Okay.” Ruan Xin answered.

Nan HuaiLin walked them out.

Fei Zheng got into the car and Ruan Xin stood in front of the door, smiled and said to Nan HuaiLin, “Bye.”

Nan HuaiLin waved at him, “Bye.”

After watching the car disappear into the night, Nan HuaiLin turned around and went back into the house.

Fei Cheng and Lancelot had gone somewhere and he walked around but didn’t find anyone, so he went upstairs and looked in the dragons’ rooms first – all four of them were sleeping soundly. Dragon 4 was the funniest, burying his head under his wings like a bird in bed. He  then went to his room to take a shower, but halfway through Fei Cheng came in and took off his clothes, showering with him.

“Where’s Little Blue?” Nan HuaiLin squeezed the shampoo into his palm, smeared it out to lather evenly into Fei Cheng’s wet hair, and rubbed it gently, “Is he okay?”

Fei Cheng put his hand on Nan HuaiLin’s mermaid line and stood obediently with his eyes closed, “Yes, he’s fine, just a bit frightened by the sudden sight of Ruan Xin.”

Nan HuaiLin was silent, “I remember you said that Ruan Xin looks exactly like the person your brother used to love, right?”

“Yes.” Fei Cheng said.

“It’s only natural that Lan would be shocked.” Nan HuaiLin paused, “When he saw Ruan Xin…  He must be very desperate, probably so many years of persistence and expectations collapsed in a flash.”

Fei Cheng didn’t say anything, Nan HuaiLin pulled him under the shower head, rinsed the foam off his head, as Fei Cheng wiped his face, then looked at Nan HuaiLin and said, “I think, Little Lan may have to give up.”