𝕮⃟Hapter 71

»𝐶⃪71«
: MY DRAGON

• • •
Because he stayed up all night last night catching up on the drama, Lancelot spent the whole day catching up on sleep, and only came out of his room in the evening yawning, only to see Fei Cheng lying on the sofa in the living room with his iPad, listening to the sound of him watching Land of Stars.

“Haven’t you seen it already,” Lancelot said, “why are you still watching it?”

Fei Cheng said, “My wife isn’t at home and I miss him, so I can only look at him on the screen to relieve the pain of longing.”

Lancelot made a vomiting gesture, bent down to hold the rolling ball, Dragon Four, and grabbed him, “By the way, isn’t today your birthday? Do Xiao Nan and you not celebrate it?”

Fei Cheng sighed, “He probably forgot.”

“No way,” Lancelot sat across from him, “didn’t I just tell him that two days ago?”

Fei Cheng sighed again and stopped talking.

Lancelot smiled and said, “Although you said you wouldn’t celebrate your birthday, but now that Nan really won’t celebrate it for you, you’re still upset, aren’t you?”

Fei Cheng turned up the sound of his iPad and continued to remain silent.

“Why are you so childish Fei Cheng?” Lancelot said with a smile, “You’re hundreds of years old and still acting like a human boy of 17 or 18, I can’t stand you.”

Fei Cheng said righteously, “People who are deeply in love are childish.”

Lancelot gave a “chortle”, fished out a card from his pocket and handed it over, “Here.”

“What is this?” Fei Cheng reached out and took it, opened it, and sat up sharply, his face instantly breaking into a smile.

“Go on,” Lancelot said with a smile, “your wife has a surprise waiting for you.”

Fei Cheng didn’t say anything and flew upstairs, changed clothes and fixed his hair as soon as possible, making himself handsome, and then drove straight to the destination.

When he arrived at the hotel, he went to the front desk to get the room card, took the elevator upstairs, opened the door and entered the room.

Fei Cheng sat down on the sofa and took out his cell phone to make a call.

The phone was answered by his assistant Zeng Cui, “He’s shooting at the moment, so it’s not convenient for him to answer the phone. But he just said that you should watch TV for a while, or take a nap.”

Fei Cheng asked, “How long will it take him to finish filming?”

Zeng Cui said, “I can’t say, this director is very strict today, shooting until eight or nine o’clock is possible.”

Fei Cheng looked at the time. It was only 6:30, he sighed, “Okay, I understand.”

Hanging up the phone, he unbuttoned two buttons on his shirt and casually picked up the remote control, turning the TV on.

He didn’t intend to watch it, he just wanted to make some noise in the room, but when the TV screen lit up, he couldn’t turn his eyes away.

On the screen was a slideshow of pictures of him and Nan HuaiLin, with the song “Someone Just Like You” that he used to sing to Nan HuaiLin as a lullaby in the background.

There were very few photos of them together, mostly taken during their days in Suzhou – on a boat trip on Shantang Street, in the Lotus Wind Pavilion in the Humble Administrator’s Garden, under the starry sky by Taihu Lake, and then there were many photos he had never seen before, and he didn’t know when Nan HuaiLin had taken them. There was a photo of him cooking in the kitchen, a photo of him swimming in the pool, a photo of him kissing Dragon One, a photo of him walking out of the bathroom, a photo of him putting on a tie… He recognized the last photo, when they were walking Hannibal on Chang’an Street, and Nan HuaiLin was caught taking pictures of him but refused to admit it, so this was the first time he saw this photo – he turned around in the glowing night, looking at the person who took the picture, with a gentle and loving smile on his brow and eyes.