CHAPTER 1: A new beginning

Aarohi's POV

Growing up is fun until you have to leave your hometown for higher studies and settle in a different city full of strangers.

I never thought I would miss home this much as this was my idea to study in Mumbai, thousand miles away from home.

I reached here today morning and this city's beauty is beyond my imagination.

I am living here in a rented flat with Sanvi, whom I met online about a month ago in the Introductory session of our college. From then, we became friends and eventually decided to live together.

Her favourite topic these days is her boyfriend whom she met just 2 months ago. I mean I'm not judging her but how can she fall for a boy in such a small period and decide to be together? What amazed me the most was that this was her eighth relationship.

Maybe today's love concept will never enter my mind as I grew up watching Bollywood's love stories. Though I am not at all like Geet but still waiting for my Aditya.

"Hey, are u ready?" Sanvi asked dragging me out of my thoughts.

"For what?" I asked back.

"Let me remind you, tomorrow is our first day of college and we both are about a month late and God knows how much we miss," Sanvi said with a sigh.

"Relax, everything's gonna be fine," l assured her.

"By the way, I want to ask u something," Sanvi said with a smile on her face.

I know it's not going to be a simple one but I said, "Go Ahead."

"We have known each other for a month now. I know almost everything about you except for your love life," Sanvi said with utmost curiosity.

"That's because there's nothing to know about," I replied.

"How can that be possible?" She jumped from the bed.

"Don't tell me that you never fell in love," she added and I nodded my head indicating a no.

"Are u kidding me?" she started laughing.

"Okay fine, last question. Do you have a crush on someone?" She asked and an instant smile showed up on my face.

"Oh! I knew it. Come on tell me more." She asked.

"Sanvi, it's nothing. He was my classmate and eventually, we lost contact after he left the town," I replied.

"That's sad. Have you ever thought of confessing to him?" she asked again.

"That's enough. No more discussion. And no, I never thought of confessing as that was just a little crush and I was happy being his friend," I replied.

"It's too late. Do you want to be late on the first day? Go get some sleep," I instructed her laying down covering myself with the blanket after increasing the speed of the fan.

✨Dear readers, here is the first chapter. Hope you like it.

Any kind of suggestions are welcomed.

Aarohi is really excited for her first day of college. What about you?

Stay tuned to know what will happen tomorrow. See u in the next chapter. ✨

Lots of love❤