Chapter 29- Imperfectly Perfect

Aarohi's POV

All the five of us sat around the dining table with Vivaan sitting beside me.

"So, what's there for dinner?" he asked excitedly.

"It's all your favourite," she said opening the lids.

"Is that baigan ka bharta?" he asked with a weird expression.

"It's my favorite," Mahi exclaimed.

"Mom, you know that I hate baingan," he said with an upset face and I glared at him.

"What?" he whispered when I rolled my eyes asking him to eat it.

"But I don't like it," he complained.

"She has made it with so much love. Atleast respect her efforts," I whispered when he served it to his plate and Mahi chuckled.

"Finally we found someone whom he listens to," his mom said and lowered my face hiding my smile.

"By the way, someone made your favourite kheer," she said and his eyes glowed up.

"Let me serve it," I said picking up the bowl.

"Aaru, he doesn't like sweet," Vivaan said as I put the kheer into his dad's plate.

"Sorry, I didn't know," I apologized.

"It's okay," Uncle said and we all started eating.

"This is the best," Vivaan said finishing the bowl of kheer.

"What? Aarohi di or the kheer," Mahi chuckled.

"Both," he muttered looking at me when I kicked his leg.

"I mean all the dishes are delicious," he said clearing his throat.

We continued eating when our eyes fell on uncle, who picked up the bowl of kheer and started serving it to his plate. He looked at us realising the gaze on him.

"What? It tastes good," he said and everyone started laughing.

"Aarohi, you are really something. The things I couldn't do in all these years, you did it in just one day," she said and I smiled at her.

After finishing our lunch when I was about to join uncle who was watching a movie when I felt a grab on my arm and I was pulled to the balcony.

"Mom, Aaru needs my help. I am helping her," Vivaan shouted from the balcony.

"What's wrong with you?" I said freeing my hand from his grip.

"What was that?" he asked me.

"What are you taking about?" I asked back.

"Stop calling me by that name," he instructed.

"Laddoo?" I chuckled.

"Stop it," he said in an irritated voice.

"But it's cute, just like you," I said pulling his cheeks.

"Excuse me? Your boyfriend is handsome, not cute," he said and I smiled.

"If you call me that again, I know how to make your mouth shut," he said with a smirk.

"Really? Then show me," I teased him.

He grabbed my waist pulling me closer and started bringing his lips close to mine when his mother called him from outside.

"Your mom is calling you,"  I said.

"She can wait. I am not letting you go until you give me a kiss," he said.

"Why I have to remind you always that this is your home?" I said.