Chapter 35: Crossing paths Again

Aarohi's POV

It took some time but finally the stains were gone and I rushed to the door. I pulled the door but it was not opening. Fuck my life. I locked myself inside. I don’t even have my phone with me. I started banging at the door.

“Is anyone here? I’m locked. Please help,” I asked for help pulling the door towards me but it didn't work.

I tried to open the door multiple times and my frustration was increasing with every single attempts. Finally, I took a deep breath and pulled the door with all force and it is suddenly opened. I lost my balance and instantly closed my eyes waiting for my body to collide with the hard surface when I felt a grip over my arm stopping my body from falling. I was about to open my eyes when I again felt a force pulling me upwards making my body to collide with another body.

I finally opened my eyes slowly and the scene in front of me stunned me. My eyes met the most familiar eyes and my heart skipped a beat.

That touch, that smell and those same butterflies erupted goosebumps all over my body and my mind ran through a long memory lane in just few seconds. It was the same eyes which I first saw in that dark locker room and his glowing face was encountering me with the same feelings which I was trying to forget from the last two years.

All these were making me restless until I heard my name and turned around. It was Diskha and Rohan who came to find me. I looked at Vivaan again and pushed him before stepping away. I rushed outside without uttering a word and Diksha and Rohan followed me.

It wasn’t like, I never expected to see him again but it was way tough than I ever imagined. Seeing him like this broke my heart once again reminding me of all the grief and pain I have suffered in the last two years.

“Was it Vivaan?” Diksha asked and I nodded.

“He is so hot,” she exclaimed when Rohan and I both glared at her and she instantly regretted saying that.

We entered the party where I introduced Diksha to Sarthak and his would be wife. Sanjana was also our classmate. Though I met her through Vivaan but eventually we became good friends. After congratulating them, we three settled down around a table. We were engrossed in talking when, suddenly Rohan said, "Sanvi?"

I instantly turned around and saw Sanvi standing behind when a smile peeped through the corners of my lips. I stood up from my chair and rushed towards her. Unable to control my excitement of meeting her after years, I was about to hug her when she stretched her arm for  a handshake. The excitement over my face faded away and I shook her hand.

"It's been a long time," I said with an awkward smile.

"I'll catch you around later," she said and walked out.

I looked at Diksha with disappointing eyes. We resumed our discussions though it wasn't seeming that much interesting like before.

"I am going to get a drink," Rohan said standing up from his chair.

"Let me accompany you," I said and we headed towards the bar.

"One more," a familiar voice hit my ears and I looked at the boy sitting at the bar asking for another drink and my eyes lighted up.

"Aadi," I called in excitement and he looked at me.

"I am done," he said to the bartender before moving out from there.

I looked at Rohan who was trying to comfort me through his eyes. I wasn't amazed by their behaviors but somehow it devastated my last hope. It was heartbreaking seeing them like this. They are still stuck in their past just like me.