Chapter 25- Love against all odds

Aarohi's POV

The next morning when I was sitting in the class thinking about Vivaan, an abrupt voice dragged me out of my thoughts as I felt someone's grip around my wrist.

"What do you think of yourself? Tell me, what did you get by ruining his image in front of everyone. You are such a bitch." It was Sambhavi staring at me furiously.

The guilt inside me was restraining me from answering back.

"You are solely responsible for Vivaan's condition. How can you be so selfish? Because of you, he was struggling between life and death and all you care about is yourself," she said leaving me in a shock.

"What are you talking about? Please tell me, what has happened to him," I requested.

"Stop your act. Listen to me very carefully. If anything happens to him, I will make you pay for it," she warned me.

I grabbed my bag and rushed out of the class. I immediately called Aadi and asked him to meet me at canteen.

“Where is Vivaan?” I confronted him.

“Why do you care?” he asked.

“Please tell me what has happened? Is he okay?” I asked in  a low voice.

“You should have think about it before hurting him,” he said in a rude voice and I looked at him.

"Aarohi, I didn't expect this from you atleast. From the day you came in his life, he has totally changed for good. He had been with a lot of girls before but he behaves totally different when you are with him. His eyes sparkle whenever he talks about you. He finally loved someone with all his heart and you..” he said looking at me.

“Why isn’t he coming to college?” I asked him.

“That's because he is not in a position to attend college," he said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"The way you behaved with him that night was not okay. That was the first time I saw tears in his eyes. I can't explain how much hurt he was with your words. He left in his car right after you when he met with an accident," he said.

"What? Accident?" I yelled.

"Yeah but he is fine now. He suffered severe injuries but he is in his recovery phase," he said.

"And you guys didn't even bother to tell me,” I said.

“He didn’t want you to know,” he said when tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Is that how much he hates me now?" I asked in a soft tone.

"The way he loves you Aarohi, it's impossible for him to hate you. Not in this lifetime," he said and I stood up from my place.

“Where are you going?” he asked me when I picked up my bag and walked towards the gate.

“To mend my mistakes,” I said before leaving.

After coming out of the canteen, I directly went to Vivaan’s house. I don't know how he will react after seeing me. Maybe he will even refuse to meet me. So, I decided to enter his room directly through the ladder.

I jumped from the window and landed in his room. I went near Vivaan who was sleeping. There were bruises all over his body. I took his hand into mine and sat beside him. I gently kissed his hand when tears fell from my eyes and touched his hand.

“Aarohi,” he called out when I looked at him.

“How are you?” I asked in a low voice.

“Alive,” he chuckled.