1

Letting his eyes slip close at the soothing sound of crickets in the serene silence of the night, Harry jarred from his thoughts when a hand slid into his own squeezing gently, "Master,"

Harry's lips turn upward in a mimic of a smile, he hums in response hoping no question will follow, he wants to be left alone to his thoughts.

Liam's persistent in getting his master's attention, his hand moves from Harry's to the man's arm pulling it away from his side tucking in next to him, "Master?" Liam whispers, a curious tone overtaking his sweet voice, "Yes?" Harry returns breathlessly, his body shifts, he's grown stiff in the suit he'd stuffed himself into for the evening; long gone are the days he'd shuffle off and skinny dip into the ocean just to feel free for a moment.

Opening his eyes to gaze at the lapping tides of the ocean, his emerald orbs direct themselves toward the permissive submissive next to him, "What is it Lee?" He asks clearing his throat to re-establish his stance.

"You left," Liam mutters, he pulls away from the man realizing that he might've left to be alone, "I did," Harry admits taking his arm out of Liam's grip, snaking it back around the younger one's hips pulling him closer with a kiss to his crown, "Yet you found me," he muses assuring the boy he was in no trouble, "Are you okay?" Liam asks softly peering into the forest globes before him, "I'm fine," Harry lies so easily he almost believes himself.

Liam too finds the untruth in the man's small statement, he backs away from the hold bidding him a silent farewell, "I'll go find Master Z-"

"Liam," Harry calls, the submissive stilling his movements, "How's the party?"

"Missing its special guest," Harry's exterior cracks, a genuine smile lifts the corner of his lips as he nods extending his hand toward the boy, "Escort me back to it?"

Taking his master's hand in his own once more, Liam leads the way through the double doors, the buzzing floor of the ballroom left untouched by the man's absence, Harry scans the room seeing his husband slow dancing with their skip in the corner.

Harry's look falters seeing the man's eyes closed, his face pressed into the side of Niall's, his lips moving giving away the sweet nothings he was promising the young one.

His grip on Liam's hand tightens at the pang of jealousy Harry can't step away from, he chews the insides of his cheeks to suppress comments as his submissive continues their stroll to the stairs, "T-they're here for you," He reminds, Harry, surveying the bustling room with disgust in his features.

He plasters a smile clearing his throat, "They are," he confirms, eyes glazing the cake in the center of the room with the candle he'd blown out an hour ago, it sits untouched, uncut, it was as if his birthday hadn't been fully celebrated.

"Do you want some cake?" Harry asks hurriedly, he fixates on the cake that teases him, it's still in pristine condition, and no guest has ventured near its sweetness, it's left to be a decorative item in the room.

Its original meaning going unannounced, Harry felt guilt for the cake. He had it made by the best baker money could buy.

"W-why has no one touched the cake?"

Liam grabs the lighter he'd taken from his other master pulling it from his pocket, he lights the top candle once more gesturing for Harry to blow it out again, "Make a wish," he muses, the master can't help but swallow past the burning lump in his throat as guests had started to stand around watching the man in front of the flame.

He stands adjusting his tie with a plastered smile, eyes flickering to his husband who had stepped away from Niall, the skip with a dejected frown as he watches the man he loves travel toward Harry with a warm smile, "Happy Birthday honey,"

Turning from the firey hazel eyes his husband wore, Harry meets Liam's gleaming smile, highlighted by the flame, "Make a wish," he repeats his first command, offering the cake to the man.

Harry brings his bottom lip from between his teeth staring at the flickering flame, he inhales deeply leaning forward, letting his eyes slip close as his brain racks itself on what to wish for.

Peaking once more at the crowd, he gasps seeing Niall had intervened, the skip stands on the other side of the cake a glare etched into the hollows of his face, he knew what he wanted, what he had to wish for.

Closing his eyes, Harry inhales deeply pursing his lips, he lets the wish formulate in his brain before exhaling, the cheering of the crowd signaling it'd gone out, Harry opened his eyes to see Niall moving around him toward Zayn, "Zayn-" Harry calls, the room building once more as the chef cuts the cake handing out slices, Zayn sliding by with the skip attached to his hip, Liam grabbing Harry's hand seeing the man step away about to chase him, "Master-"

Turning to Liam he sees the begging submissive, he stands with tears pooling in his eyes, Harry sighs as he succumbs to the boy pulling him into a hug pressing his lips to his hair, "I have you," he soothes, "H-Happy birthday master," Keeping Liam's head to his chest with a hand, Harry turns skimming the room seeing Zayn's raven head of hair right before he stepped out the front door leaving his husband with their submissive in the middle of the ballroom.

"Thank you, Liam,"

....

- Vote -

- Comment -

- Follow -

- Emma :) -